Heading Out Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by pronk, Dec 20, 2010.

1. pronk

pronk Well-Known Member

Ok so I have been in school for the whole bow season and I finally get to bowhunt tomorrow :biggrin:. I have a spot that seems to be a transition zone between a bedding and feeding area but its difficult to get in there without being caught. I've been reading on here that the deer movement has been off this year and was wondering if there were any strategies that are working for yall so far? I haven't killed a deer with my bow yet (3 yrs with no luck) but I'm determined this season to get it done!

2. good luck, I am without one this season as well. Our pond dried up and there is no deer to be found during daylight hours atleast. I hope you have different luck than me. Like I said good luck and be safe.

3. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

Good luck!! Your spot may be great this year. There also seems to be a little bit of rutting activity still going on.

4. NWA Bowhntr

NWA Bowhntr Well-Known Member

5. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Good luck! Stick with it. I was in the same boat as you when I was in school. It took me a long time to get my first one with a bow.

If you have a hard time getting in there in the morning without getting busted save it for the evenings. Either that, or try something different. Is there another side you can come in from? Sometimes still-hunting to your stand at daylight, when you can sneak quiet and see where you're going, works great in that situation.

6. txcookie

txcookie Well-Known Member

7. Bowcrazy

Bowcrazy Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne

I used to have a spot like that. What worked for me best was to just walk as fast and hard right to base of tree i was climbing. Get setteled in blow on grunt call grab my bow and be ready.
    Alot of times if you make alot of noise they will jump and run off a short piece then sneak back in to see what was going on. Which is the reason to be ready as soon as you can.