Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WoooooHooooo!!!!! We're headed to Cocodrie in the morning. Me, BuzzBait, Broncdoc, and several others. We'll be fishing the rigs Sunday for whatever wants to bite! 12 of us going, split up in 2 boats. Y'all can go ahead and start talking about BuzzBait while he's gone:thumb: We'll post some pics when we get back---not planning to take the computer this trip.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
WoooooHooooo!!!!! We're headed to Cocodrie in the morning. Me, BuzzBait, Broncdoc, and several others. We'll be fishing the rigs Sunday for whatever wants to bite! 12 of us going, split up in 2 boats. Y'all can go ahead and start talking about BuzzBait while he's gone:thumb: We'll post some pics when we get back---not planning to take the computer this trip.
Man.....you ain't right!:razz::up: Have fun and catch a bunch!

·
Super Moderator
13,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man--what a trip!!! Even though the water was rough, we still had a great time. We had two boats out, each with 6 people. BuzzBait's boat caught a little over 500 pounds and our boat caught just under 400 pounds. We never found the mangrove snapper like the other boat did, but we had a blast on the big red snapper. We also found some blackfin tuna and the fight was on!! We landed 7, and broke off a few more. I caught one that was about 30 pounds. I hooked into a fish that I worked on for at least 45 minutes. When we finally got it to the boat, we saw that it was a jack something -or -another---can't remember the name. Anyway, it probably would have gone over 50 pounds, but since I was told they're no good, we just let it go back. What a fish!! BuzzBait caught a cobia that was just over 50 pounds. We caught and released several sharks too. And for supper tonight-------grilled tuna and fried fresh jumbo gulf shrimp!! I'll try to get some pics up sometime tomorrow.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
Man--what a trip!!! Even though the water was rough, we still had a great time. We had two boats out, each with 6 people. BuzzBait's boat caught a little over 500 pounds and our boat caught just under 400 pounds. We never found the mangrove snapper like the other boat did, but we had a blast on the big red snapper. We also found some blackfin tuna and the fight was on!! We landed 7, and broke off a few more. I caught one that was about 30 pounds. I hooked into a fish that I worked on for at least 45 minutes. When we finally got it to the boat, we saw that it was a jack something -or -another---can't remember the name. Anyway, it probably would have gone over 50 pounds, but since I was told they're no good, we just let it go back. What a fish!! BuzzBait caught a cobia that was just over 50 pounds. We caught and released several sharks too. And for supper tonight-------grilled tuna and fried fresh jumbo gulf shrimp!! I'll try to get some pics up sometime tomorrow.
Sounds like y'all had a blast:thumb:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.