Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving in the morning going to CO. to try and stick an Elk with my bow:woohoo: I'll be gone until the 21st so I'll not be on here much, But if I kill one I have my laptop so I'll post pics from out there if I get lucky!!
I'll check in when I get back so ya'll be safe and cross your fingers for me.:wink:

·
3,605 Posts
Good luck!

I had a tough trip this year. I had a nice bull within bow range but he saw me first. I was calling to another bull and he slipped in to my right without me seeing him.

All of us had elk within bow rage so I can't call it a bad hunt. One of the guys in our bunch killed a small 5x5 and the only guy with a deer tag killed a nice mulie. One guy missed (twice) and one guy stuck a nice bull in the quarters from 50 yards. (dang Krankin you made that shot at the Smackoff) 02Roadking passed up a shot in the first 30 minutes and didn't get another chance. Bow4Me saw more elk than any of us and passed up a couple of shots. (he came home with his tag also) It rained hard for several days before we got there and wallows and water holes were useless. It was pretty early so the bulls would stop bugling within an hour or two of daylight. You had to get on them early and be in the dark timber before daylight.

I came home with my tag but I had a ton of fun. I have been going out west since 1983 (I know....I'm old) and it may be time for me to hang up the bow and pick up a smokepole.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.