HAY SPEAR

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade' started by WillyB71, Jul 11, 2020.

1. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

Need one. 3 Pt Hitch type or Bucket Mount.

2. Saltydog

Saltydog Well-Known Member

Ash Flat
    Try Titan Attachments, they ship (free) out of Memphis... order today and you'll have it by mid-week I bet...
    https://www.palletforks.com/3-point...t-gooseneck-tractor-trailer-hitch/193931.html
    They have several other configurations and a bunch of other tractor related stuff.
    I just bought some 48" clamp on pallet forks and 72" slip on pallet fork extentions. Had them both within 3 days delivered to my door

dogdoc likes this.

3. WillyB71

Thanks. I found what I wanted both at Atwood’s & Tractor Supply. Neither vendor stocked these items & wanted between 45% & 80% of the purchase price for shipping, depending on what you bought. They wouldn’t ship to one of their stores for free. They were basically brokering these items & would only ship directly from the manufacturer, with you paying the freight. If I can’t find a used one I may try to buy a spear kit and convert an old 4’ box blade. .

4. WillyB71

That’s 40% less than what the big box stores charge delivered. THANKS

5. Saltydog

Ash Flat
    I've been real happy with them after two separate orders... Fed Ex freight delivered right to the house no problem... Order confirmation and shipping emails were quickly sent.
    my neighbor bought a grapple off them back in the spring...
    if you sign up for their emails you'll get an additional 5% off.... Helps pay the taxes.

6. ray porter

ray porter Well-Known Member

east ar
    titan in Memphis may be too far for you but if you go it can be worth it.

ask about scratch and dents. super savings- like half price.

WillyB71 and Saltydog like this.
  7. dogdoc

dogdoc Well-Known Member

Titan is the way to go. Have a few Titan products. Always ordered online.

A couple years back I bought a Titan quick attach pallet forks / hay spear combo for the front end loader of my John Deere 4300. Only regret was not buying it years ago. Game changer. For moving hay I also have titans 3pt hay spear. I can grab two bales (one on front and one on back) real quick.

WillyB71 likes this.
  8. jackiereed

jackiereed Well-Known Member

Hazen
    I have one for a front end and a 3 pt. hitch type. 3 pt hitch deal is like a set of forks. I'd sell or trade. Got a 5 ft disk also.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    WillyB71 likes this.
  9. juleo

juleo Well-Known Member

Conway
    What do you want for the disk?

10. jackiereed

Hazen
    I'll get some pics tomorrow, I hope. 70 miles from here, I'm waiting on the neighbor lady to get them.

11. WillyB71

Will your front end hay spear attach to a bucket?

12. WillyB71

Well, now that I have the round bales on the ground, Titan sold out of the hay spears that chain to the front bucket. I need that type to double stack I can’t find any others locally or online that won’t double the price for freight. Any other vendors you know of? I just waited too long.

13. Saltydog

Ash Flat
    Wow.. Hay season, they must be moving alot of product.
    Do you have a quick change bucket? Maybe step up to a full bracket spear set...
    I wasn't long with the clamp on forks... they will do in a pinch, but they don't compare to a dedicated fork set.
    I know they are running a 20% off sale starting today on hay moving attachments.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    WillyB71 likes this.
  14. jackiereed

Hazen
    No.
    It's a quick change .

WillyB71 likes this.
  15. Swamprooster

Swamprooster Well-Known Member

Google Cannon lift if your interested PM me and I can get more info.

WillyB71 likes this.
  16. bl264

bl264 Well-Known Member

Farmers Association (CO OP) in Nashville has or had some a couple weeks back. They were double spear and adjustable for universal fit. You would have to remove your front bucket to put them on. around $375 I believe. Pretty nice for the price I thought. I wouldn't buy any that was not double spear. I stack mine in the barn 3 high end on end though.

WillyB71 likes this.
  17. WillyB71

My old 2001 Kubota 3010 has a LA 489 loader with traditional bucket, which I use all the time. I was hoping the chain & binder secured hay forks would work.

18. ray porter

ray porter Well-Known Member

east ar
    how about pallet forks?

dont some of the quick attach pallet forks also have a hole for a spear?

i have used the chain on forks and they picked up hay. not perfect but it worked

WillyB71 likes this.
  19. Saltydog

Ash Flat
    The chain and ratchet are sturdier than clamp alone. I'd just keep checking back, they seem to restock pretty quick. Don't hesitate to give them a call, they are pretty good on the phone.
    If you don't use your bucket alot, maybe look into the dedicated forks with the spear attachments that RayPorter mentioned. I know it can be a job switching out. The quick attach feature sure is nice.

WillyB71 likes this.
  20. WillyB71

I just bought a 3000 lb 49” double spear Yintatech bucket mount for $350 delivered. It has a chain & ratchet binder above each spear & weighed 143 lbs...heavier than the others I saw. Hope it works. Thanks for the advice all.