Have you hugged your retriever today?

Discussion in 'Huntin' Dogs' started by flintknapper, Jan 11, 2008.

1. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

2. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

Yup. gave my 3 mo. old lab a good pettin this morning before headin out to work. :thumb:

3. bett_lou

bett_lou Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! How cute.

4. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Good pic....:thumb:

5. flintknapper

6. Bojack

Bojack Well-Known Member

No, but I'm gonna shock the U KNOW WHAT outa my Redbone with my new E-collar when I get home this evening.:biggrin: I cant get him to quite barking at the fourwheelers and trucks driving by my house.

7. flintknapper

I had a labrador that cost me about three years of sleep with her barking. The shock collar was worth every penny, fixed the trouble pronto. Just don't sell the collar or give it away, they sometimes need "reminded" after a while. Dunno about redbones, but labs gots real short memories! :biggrin:

8. Bojack

Bojack Well-Known Member

If I could get my Redbone to bark at a coon like he barks at fourwheelers and trucks I'd have something. As soon as I walk out the back door with my belt him and my walker pup hide in their dog houses, and I've never even whooped my walker.

9. flintknapper

Three rivers, great pics! Ya gotta love a lab. Ours would about know you off the four wheeler to climb aboard if she thought you were going anywhere. I'm starting to miss my old yeller lab that passed away a couple years ago and my goldie is high-mileage. We're thinking about another lab, and seeing y'alls chocolate, well, it gets me thinking. I just love dogs, can't/won't live without 'em!

10. LazyJ

LazyJ Well-Known Member

4-month old Doc, he's a gonna be a dandy

[​IMG]

11. MM

MM Well-Known Member

Me likes me some labs.

Got a special spot for the old ones, as I got 3 that are on the later end of the aging process...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. flintknapper

I'm loving all the great pictures here. Life's too short to spend it without dogs!

Now y'all got me thinking about my next ones.... Chocolate is becomming my preferred flavor! :thumb:

13. ArkArcher

That looks just like my girl! She's 3 months old! :biggrin:

14. three rivers

three rivers Well-Known Member

Flintknapper, if i had my choice i'd have all three colors! We're looking at fencing the yard and building a shop this year so we can accomodate a couple more. At 11 months, 1 is all i can bear.

MM, great pics! Gotta love the old pups. They look awesome for their age and still doing what they love to do!

15. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Great pics guys!!!

I did hug Satie a bit ago, but this morning I was ready to wring her neck!!! I guess my daughter and her both had a "bug" this morning.

I woke up to the smell of a "present" in Satie's kennel. I get her out to the pen and start the clean up when my little one informs me she's "bowed" up too!!!

Been kinda living in a world of ---- today sorta!!!

But, I sure love 'em both!! Looks like they're on the road to recovery!!!

16. flintknapper

Into every life a little, uh, stuff must fall. Mom always told me about kids and pets, whatever you put in one end comes out the other...:eek:

17. ArkArcher

Here is my pup at 3 1/2 months. :thumb: She is doing great so far!

[​IMG]

18. flintknapper

What a cutie!

God makes 'em cute so we'll take care of them, even though they chew up everything we own and poop on what they don't chew up. And it works! Yeah, I'm definitely getting me some puppies.

19. LazyJ

LazyJ Well-Known Member

They do indeed look like bro and sis, Jade got any of the "Bull Moose" genes?