Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Its a triple barrell double barrel 16 gauge over a large caliber rifle i beleive it to be a 8mm, the fore hand stock has quick lever removal with a stamp of 835 under it,several proof stamps under it, 55835, a crown and a kmg stamp, on the barrel it has Nitro stamp on shotgun barrel, On the top of opposite barrel (r) it has JMMAN MEFFERT and a flussstahl krupplssen on it , has FINE engravings of ducks on either side of gun, double trigger, a switch operated flip up site (non adjustable)and 55835 printed behind trigger guard. The shotgun barrel switch is located left side of gun the stock is highly custom since all the switches etc are located in it has a nice cheekpad. . its neat Ill enclose some pics but i dont think my camerman skills do this justice.... ne one know what a gun like this might be worth?

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Flint's just getting his power back on... It's good to be back! :clap:

We had a drilling at our little gun shop years ago, not as "old" looking as this one. I believe it sold for about $800.00, but that figure was established more by the trading dad did to get it, not by any book value.

Everything I've read about these things is consistent with what's already been said. They're almost always European, and usually "high end" with premium stocks and nice engraving. The one we had was two .28 gage barrels over a 7 X 57? rifle barrel, sheesh, that was years ago. Anyway the odd gage/caliber held it back from bringing what it was probably worth, our clientele was mostly local deer hunters. I'll try to do some digging and find out some more...

Meanwhile, more pictures would certainly help! :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
Of course you realize, Derek, that the $800.00 I mentioned was a long time ago on a completely different drilling... I'm thinking your mileage will be significantly better. I just haven't found anything yet to guide me, but I'm still looking. Them things are sorta scarce in these parts!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.