Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really wanting to try duck hunting this year. I would like to put some of the meat in the freezer for our Christmas dinner! I am thinking about paying for a guide service since I don't know a thing about duck hunting. Are their any guides that stick out better than the rest? I am in Batesville (NE Arkansas), and could some advice or recommendations on this. Thanks
f909

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
I never hunted with him but I guided for a guy in Weiner one year named Adam Lyerly. I havent been up there in awhile but he had a pretty nice setup at that time.

www.bayoudeviewoutfitters.com
Yep, he's building a new club house this year too. Seems like they always kill a ton of ducks. I've worked with Adam quite a bit in the past couple years building his websites and I can assure you he's very serious about what he does.

.270Win

·
Registered
56 Posts
I would do my research before I picked one, I was taken on a guided hunt last year around stuttgart and i guess they had overbooked, because we got stuck with the part time guide and it was pitiful! I am not the best duck hunter by no means, but i ended up having to do most of the calling and setting up the decoys. Could have had just as much luck on my own! I felt bad for the guys that paid for that hunt! The camp and food were great though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.