Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know much about this management area,places to hunt,turkey numbers,terrain,any help would be appreciated.I have always wanted to hunt it and got a permit this year.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
Afew years ago I was in a lease that joined it on the south end. It used to be full of turkeys. Then you could here 5 or 6 gobblers at daylight to choose from if the turkeys were talking anywhere in that country.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats on the permit, that is a hard one to get. It took me 4 yrs. & I got one last year. I got my bird on the first morning. My Dad got drawn this year & will be there on opening morning. As far as a good place to hunt, you'll probably have to do like I did last year. I went the morning before & rode around at daylight listening for turkeys. Then on opening morning I went to where I heard some at the morning before & just waited on them to start again & sure enough they did. Good luck!!! :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
This past deer season, I had a deer permit for H. E. Alex. WMA and I found turkey's every place I deer hunted. You should have no trouble hearing lots of birds gobble over there. Let us know how you did. :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This past deer season, I had a deer permit for H. E. Alex. WMA and I found turkey's every place I deer hunted. You should have no trouble hearing lots of birds gobble over there. Let us know how you did. :thumb:
I'll do that Sylamore,thanks for the info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts