Hardin Point buck

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by SA Doc, Nov 28, 2012.

1. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    A friend sent me a pic of a buck supposedly killed recently on Hardin Point killed by a girl I knew growing up in Moro/Marianna. Was a monster basic eight with a few kickers. Does anybody know any details/what the buck scored?

2. Preston

Preston Well-Known Member

Pic? My grandpa had two memberships to hardin point when i was younger and sold them for just a few thousand. Man do i wish we still had them

3. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    Heres the pic I was sent. Hope she doesn't mind.

Attached Files:

4. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

Hunted Hardin point a lot her son killed a nice one few years back

5. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

6. grits and gravy

grits and gravy Well-Known Member

ozarks
    What does it cost to join now. When i used to hunt there about 15 years ago you could buy in for $18000. Seems like it was another $2000 a year to stay a member

7. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

A whole lot more than 18000 buy in and 2000 a year sounds about right if not a little high. I'm thinking it around 1500

8. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    I googled it last night and found a membership for sale last spring. Asking price was $70,000. Not sure what they got for it. I think most of the members have been on for many years and paid way less. Any idea how much land you get with your membership?

9. SLAYER

SLAYER Well-Known Member

Between 80 and a hundred I believe

10. deltaeta

deltaeta Well-Known Member

I believe they own about 4000 and lease the rest from Anderson Tulley. That is a nice deer!

11. Preston

Preston Well-Known Member

Gpaw said when they got in a long time ago they payed a lil of nothin, but that changed big time. We never deer hunted it just turkey hunted. And when the turkey got thin he sold out. Wish he wouldnt have

12. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    Nice to see the deer came back after the flood a few years ago. My nieces FIL is a member and showed me pictures back during the flood. Water was 6 or more feet deep over for miles around.

13. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

Great deer, congrats to her