Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a 40 caliber pistol. I am wanting a semi auto, what brand should I be looking at. Currently do not own a pistol but love to shot them. And really do not have a single use in mind for it.

· Registered
3,418 Posts
I love my Glock, inexpensive more accurate than I am, and lights out reliable. But you just need to determine what features you want and your price range. If you want SA/DA get a Sig and spend $800+. Or striker fire Glock. I have NO need for an manual safety so a Glock is perfect for me, I was also able to get a 22LR conversion kit which makes training cheap. The Springfield XDm's are really great too. They just have a few gimmicks I don't need.

· Registered
958 Posts
If it's just a plinker and you really can't think of a single use for it (as in hd/sd or ccw) then why not just get a cheap plinker like a hi point or something. The cost $150 bucks brand new and if you break it they fix it for free.

· Registered
94 Posts
IMO , Glock 27 sub compact . A little more compact than the Springfield xd40 . goggle "Gun Blast" on the internet, they have some pretty good reviews of all makes and models.

If you are not dead set on the 40cal. you might also consider a 9mm, cheaper to shoot, and loaded with "P" ammo, almost as stout as a 40

· Super Moderator
9,954 Posts
You can everything they suggested, or you can get the best...the Cadillac of handguns. A SIG.

· Registered
3,418 Posts
I went out to Ozark last night and Phill pointed me to a smith & wesso MP9 it felt great in my hand. I mainly will be just shoting for fun have any of yall shot the MP's
I'd rather have the gun that started it all..Glock, than one that tries to be like the one that started it all.

The Glock tenifer finish is way better than what's on the M&P IMPO.

Your cannot go wrong with a Glock 23, the 19 is pretty great too, it has my vote for the best all around.

Plus for Glocks you can get one of these.

https://advantagearms.hostasaurus.c...bf5d8652&Screen=SFNT&Order=0&Store_Code=AASOS

· Registered
958 Posts
There are a lot of factors here...but go with what you like. If it's just for fun then get what YOU like best and what YOU are most comfy with...shoot a few at the range and see what you like the most. I am a cheap skate so I say go cheap but to each his own

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.