halftime show

Discussion in 'Sports' started by wildhog62, Feb 3, 2008.

1. wildhog62

wildhog62 Well-Known Member

As of the moment this is the worst Super Bowl Halftime show in history. What are your thoughts?

2. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

Yea, pretty bad.
    Did I hear you say in another thread,that you have a diamond mine in your town?

3. wildhog62

Yep. Murfreesboro is the only place in North America that you can go and dig your own diamonds and if you find one, you can keep it

4. 10pointman

I live in dequeen.I come over there to the dirttrack quite a bit.my profile is wrong. I need to edit it. I must have punched the wrong key.Hey, Small world huh?

5. wildhog62

Yeah it is. I used to deliver hog feed for Cargill to that area, but I broke my right arm in 4 places and when I got to go back to work, my boss put me hauling chicken feed out of Emmet.

6. 10pointman

4 places,I bet that hurt like heck! Did you have surgury?

7. wildhog62

Yep, and got two plates put in there to strengthen bones. They sent me to UAMS in LR to do all this. Good thing I had workmans comp. or else it would have cost me a bundle.

8. 10pointman

I've never broken any bones,Although i think i broke a toe today. Stubbed it real bad.Still hurts and a purple ring around it.

9. TheBattman

TheBattman Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn

Not exactly true - DeBeers, EKATI, Diamcor, among others operate diamond mines in Canada (primarily in the Northwest Territory).

I grew up thinking that Arkansas was the only place in North America- WRONG in a big way. That is some of that Public School indoctrination speaking. I actually just learned about Canadian diamond mining from the show Ice Road Truckers...

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/ms/diam/index_e.htm

10. ryanh_johnson

ryanh_johnson Well-Known Member

Just a couple hops a skip and jump from me!! :thumb:

11. Mark Grady

Mark Grady Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about the half-time show:head: :confused: oh well I thought it was ok I like Tom Petty I guess it depends on what era youre from.

12. .270Win

.270Win Well-Known Member

I think wildhog62 is right. I seriously doubt that anyone from the general public can go dig in those privately owned mines in Canada and keep what they find. I looked around on the website you posted and didn't find anything about public access.

From the Crater of Diamonds website:

"Arkansas, The Natural State, is blessed with an abundance of geological wonders. The Crater of Diamonds State Park, the only diamond-producing site in the world open to the public, stands out as a unique geological "gem" for you to explore and enjoy."

http://www.craterofdiamondsstatepark.com/

.270Win

13. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

well i got to disagree. i thought it was one of the best halftime shows in a long time!! of course i'm not real big on justin timberlake, janet jackson or brittany spears:down:

14. Gruntcall

Gruntcall Well-Known Member

+1.:thumb:

15. Loc-on

Loc-on Well-Known Member

+2

16. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Brittney Spears wasn't available this year, as she is currently is a straight jacket in a phsych ward! :thumb: Maybe they will tie her tubes while she is there, so there are no more of her genes runnin around then the two she already has. (That is not a blow against her children either, as they can't pick their mom).

17. OuachitaMtnMan

OuachitaMtnMan Well-Known Member

Arkansas

+ 3

18. CP

CP Guest

:smack:

19. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

+4 :thumb:

20. hawgpharm

hawgpharm Well-Known Member