Half of America: I'd kill to protect my own

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by arky501, Dec 10, 2012.

1. arky501

arky501 Well-Known Member

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/half-of-america-id-kill-to-protect-my-own/

Society would break down immediately following a major catastrophe such as an EMP detonation, which would destroy electronics, with 47 percent of Americans saying they would expect serious, sustained life-threatening civil unrest within two weeks, according to a new poll.

For me...yes I would

The violence and breakdown in society would be almost instant...IMO

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    I'd protect my own without a second thought. That's why I carry everywhere I go. I may be killed, but I expect to have an empty gun in my hand when I go down.

3. bslayer

bslayer Well-Known Member

nea
    x2

4. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

jonesboro
    That's sad. Only half? That means half the folks in this country would let somebody kill their family over a piece of bread. No wonder we're in the shape we're in. We're too civilized for our own good.

5. Have the other half thought that through? Could they really sit by and watch their wife and/or child get gang raped by a mob of rioters and hold to their pacifist ways? Could they let looters steal the only food between their family and starvation and not lift a finger?

Not me!
    The MZB's might take what they want from me and mine, but they'll advance through a hail of lead to get it.

6. JuniorPanic

JuniorPanic Member

LR
    That's bull. Most people don't know how they would react. Once :censored: hit the fan and society starts to crumble those people will be the first to go nuts.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  7. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

That other half would be the ones causing unrest and would be the ones we would be defending ourselves from...

8. beltcutter

beltcutter Well-Known Member

What is there to worry about guys? The blue-helmeted U.N. peace keeping forces will be here quickly to restore order. Right after that takes place we will have trillions in aid coming in from all our friends, you know, the friends who have been receiving aid from us for decades. When this happens the world will be "safe for democracy" once again!

Doesn't that make ya'll feel all gushy inside?

9. jdawg

jdawg Super Member<br>2013-14 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one. 2. Decide to be aggressive enough, quickly enough. 3. Have a plan. 4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work. 5. Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet. 6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not start with a "4." 7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive. 8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend. (Lateral & diagonal preferred.) 9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible. 10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours. 11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose. 12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived. 13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.

10. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

^this

11. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

Sounds like Bro. Clint Smith of Thunder Ranch!

12. hillbillycycles

hillbillycycles Well-Known Member

My wife was watching the news coverage from Haiti and became appalled at the way people were acting. I told her it would be the exact same or worse here under the same circumstances. I also told her the hardest thing would be forcing your compassion to the background in an effort to save yourself and your family because there is no way you can save everyone that has no plan whatsoever.

It's a mad, mad, mad world out there. In the inner cities people already act like animals when the power is on and the food supply is good. How does anything think they will act when the lid on the sanity jar comes off?