Arkansas Hunting banner

GW on Cache River today

4K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  OFD 
#1 ·
I met a GW on the Cache River today. He was in a mud motor and stopped to ask about my boat. If anyone knows who that might be let him know I wasn't trying to be rude. He cranked his motor up to come look at my boat and I thought he was leaving so I motored on down the river. My buddy told me after I stopped. I really wasn't in a hurry or trying to be rude.

#8 ·
There are a few out there that ruin it for all the other green jeans. Everyone I have ever had dealings with was alright. If you corporate and are not rude they are fine. You got to think they are doing their job.
For the most part, most green jeans I've come across have been respectful, and nice. Only had problems with one, and not due any violations. More personal reasons.

Long story.

#9 ·
There's a few bad apples in every job. I for one don't mind a ticket if I was wrong just don't talk down to me and try to scald me like a kid. I know a lot of game n fish. I've got a uncle that's one. I like most of the ppl he works with but some just have a chip on there shoulders just like a lot of cops and troopers do. Where at on cache where u

#10 ·
We put in on float road. We were just basically running boats and looking around. I felt bad because we stopped and talked to him and he asked about my boat. When he cranked up I thought he was leaving. My buddy said when he was like WTH? when I left.

All of the guys I have been checked by have always been nice and respectful. I think doing little things like being friendly and wearing your life vest make a big difference.

#17 ·
Don't worry about being nice to him...I assure you he wouldn't you. There was new land acquired by the CRR a couple years ago. We found it in between the first and second year. Jeremy had been using it as his private honey hole...long story short he walked out from hunting (we were killing, he wasn't), changed hats, came back and checked us. All of his questions were "how did you find out about this place" "who else knows" "are you coming back" "why did you come here" "who told you about this place"...a class one jerkwad. Never had an AGFC GW act that way...it's tainted by opinion on the federal enforcement officers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.