Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought that I would let ya'll know that we were down at LR this past week and I stopped in at Gander Mtn. They had some Mosin Nagant M44 rifles for $100. I bought one of these last year, just to have and it is really not that bad of a gun for an old mil.surp. rifle. It shoots 7.62 X 54R ammunition which is about the same size as a .308 round.
Just thought I would pass along the info. for anyone that might be interested.

JR

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
That's about the only good deal they have on guns. I went there last weeks for minnows, and that was as far as I went in the store. Them and Wal-Mart are only getting about half of my business they used to get.

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
My son (Headhunter) got one of these Sunday. According to the paperwork the barrel has been replaced. Anybody have any info on these. How about it Mr.C.? Looks like you are the expert on here about all type of guns.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got one last summer. I've put a box or two of ammo through it. I thought that it was a decent gun especially for the price. This is just my opinion though, and I am by no means an expert.

·
Administrator
87,182 Posts
My son (Headhunter) got one of these Sunday. According to the paperwork the barrel has been replaced. Anybody have any info on these. How about it Mr.C.? Looks like you are the expert on here about all type of guns.
I appreiate the vote of confidence, but I'm not up to date on the Mosin's. I'd have to do some study to be able to even start giving an opinion on them.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is a pretty good website for them if you search for it you should be able to find it pretty easy, or send me a PM and I'll send it to you.

·
Registered
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea it's kinda a pain in the rear cause you have to exit off and then go back across the over pass and head back north in order to get to it. I think that you can exit before that and stop off at Fort Thompson's and look around, then stay on that access road and then there is a place where you can go under the highway, but you have to immediately turn into their parking lot or you will miss it. I don't know if any of this makes much sense, but it is all pretty confusing down there right now with all of the construction.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.