Gun Show

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by sportsmanetc, Jan 10, 2011.

1. sportsmanetc

sportsmanetc Well-Known Member

Gun show in Conway this weekend Jan 15-16. Hope the weather allows.

2. kmc06005

kmc06005 Well-Known Member

Where's it going to be?

3. Damascus-Doug

Damascus-Doug Well-Known Member

X2...hadn't heard of this

4. sportsmanetc

It is at the new center up on squirrel hill ( east of Conway on the right).

5. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

need a new rifle, but don't have the money.

story of my life

6. mlriggs12

mlriggs12 Well-Known Member

It's at the new fair grounds/expo center on Hwy 64 East

7. sportsmanetc

Thank you. could not think of the word expo for some reason.

8. arkmark

arkmark Member

I saw on one listing for this show that there is an admission fee. Anyone know the amount?

9. woodwise

woodwise Well-Known Member

there is one in Springfield Mo Jan. 23 and 23....1000 tables.:thumb:

10. Several friends and I are going Saturday morning. Eating breakfast at Bob's Grill, gun show and then going to the Shooting House to burn some ammo. Great day.

11. sportsmanetc

What time are you meeting at Bob's? How much does it cost to shoot at the shooting house? I live just down the road from there.

12. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

13. arkmark

arkmark Member

I was told the cost at the door is $6.00. There are $1.00 off coupons to be found online.

14. sportsmanetc

Did anybody go today? They had some decent priced marlin 30-30's and .22's. Did not buy, but got to handle a lot of beauties. Had several marlin.357 and .44 mags- as well as these calibers by Puma. Kid in a candy store.

15. thelineman

thelineman Well-Known Member

My wife and I went saturday. A lot of people. Did not see any bargains.

16. demented

demented Well-Known Member

Only bargains I see at gunshows are being carried by people coming in the doors. Ain't had a decent deal from a dealer at a show in last ten years. I need some .40SW holowpoints but by the time I add gas, admission plus inflated prices I might as well stay home, order off the internet and save money.

17. Damascus-Doug

Damascus-Doug Well-Known Member

We went and I was a little disappointed at the lack of reloading stuff there. My dad was able to sell a rifle that he has been wanting to get rid of. There seemed to be more knife cases than rifle displays, but I am not going to complain. It was in Conway not Little Rock and hey, they had guns!

18. storyhunter

storyhunter Well-Known Member

There's another gun show in Hot Springs, at the Convention Center, Jan 22-23. I think admision is $7.00, but may be wrong, could be only $6.00. All money made at the show goes to the South Hot Springs Lion's Club to help provide eyeglasses for those who can't afford them -- mostly kids. There will be about 400 tables. This is usually a good show, with a minimum of non-gun or hunting related items.

19. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

Same here. But hey it's a start. Conway has not had a show in years and I think allot of vendors were a little worried about turn out. I think that as long as they keep having them they will slowly be better