Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what gun oil that i can use that will still be wet 2-3 months after it's applied ? i have been using remoil i don't like it dries out to fast. when i put oil on i want to keep oil on that will stay wet. what do you like that stays wet and works good short and long term?

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
Oh I think here is the proof that you have not been honest.........claiming your wife had a pink one......:head: AR15!!!

Yes my friend I altered your face so you don't harassed..........I would hate to be the cause of the grief you'll get at Lowes!!!:fit::biggrin:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
CLP stays wet. I shot the M16 I am carrying here in August, and then cleaned it up. I've been in the desert for 5 weeks now, and had to get the gun from the armory yesterday, and it's still wet with CLP.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
CLP stays wet. I shot the M16 I am carrying here in August, and then cleaned it up. I've been in the desert for 5 weeks now, and had to get the gun from the armory yesterday, and it's still wet with CLP.
Thanks for your service, doesn't that collect allot more dust being wet like that over there?

Stay safe :up:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Thanks for your service, doesn't that collect allot more dust being wet like that over there?

Stay safe :up:
Not when they make us lock them in the armory most of the time. When carried daily, YES! I carried my weapon 7 months straight last year over here, and I had to clean it about twice a week. I'm actually deployed in an AF unti this go around, and after someone shot themselves in the foot, the AF makes all but security forces lock their weapons up. Heck, some didn't even come with a weapon.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I swear by the Rig Universal grease that was in that report. I started using it about a year ago and the results have been fantastic. You can get it at Academy and $3 will last a very long time.

I put a small amount on the rails of my pistols, the slide of my pump guns, and any other part that recieves friction. Then I put a very light coat on any other metal parts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.