Gun It with Benny Spies

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by Nuge Fan, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

Anybody ever watched this garbage on the Versus channel? I guess it's supposed to be funny that he never kills anything and is a terrible hunter and terrible shot.

2. willfred219

willfred219 Well-Known Member

Actually I was talking to my wife last night about how that was the most realistic hunting show on TV. He would fit right in on most of my hunting trips. As you can tell I don't take myself very seriously.:razz:

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Me and the wife watched the one where they hunted the golf course in the snow. Not surprisingly, by the way he went about hunting it, he didn't kill anything. But it did look like they had a good time. But I watch hunting on tv to see some big bucks. :down:

4. canuck

canuck Well-Known Member

I've watched it several times. Not the type of show I'm interested in seeing. I like the behind the scenes type show that road trips has. If I'm going to devote 30 minutes of my time to a tv show I wanna see some big bucks hit the dirt!

5. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I've seen it twice and it's left me with the impression that it must not be as hard to get a hunting show as I may have thought. I haven't figured out if it's supposed to be something serious or a comedy. :shrug:

6. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Don't have Versus, but he'd have a tough time matching Jimmy Big Time. They had a show on the other day about turkey hunting, but it had very little hunting. Seemed as though it was just like FaceBook, full of personal crap that nobody really cares to see or know.

7. Nuge Fan

I honestly don't mind when people have a "real" hunt where they don't connect on a giant everytime, but like the poster above said, when he was hunting the golf course he sat still for maybe one hour. Finally saw some deer and walked straight towards them til they left the property. It's supposed to be a comedy but I have yet to even crack a smile. With my new direct TV package, we only have sportsman channel and VS. No outdoor channel. Sportsman channel is nothing but re-runs after a few days of watching so I tried VS. and found this crap show.

8. possum

It's truly sad then. TK and Mike, now that's comedy. :thumb:

9. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

TK and Mike, can't say I miss them. Sorry the one guy died of cancer, but they lost all my respect when I met them at the Big Buck Classic about 15 years ago.

10. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

I watched some of the VHS tapes the other day I found of them I laughed just as hard or harder than when I was a little kid

11. possum

What was the problem?

When I met them down there they seemed like some good ole boys.

12. AfterLife

AfterLife Sponsor<br>www.AboveAndBelowOutdoors.com

lol, i just watched this for the first time last night.
    I WAS THINKING EXACTLY THE SAME THING..............:censored: GARGBAGE

NO point in that show at all and people complain about Nugent :head: :head:

13. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

Well you know what they say, “one man's garbage is another man's treasure” I personally like watching Benny.
    You seem to think everyone is supposed to go out and kill something every time? Guess what, it doesn’t happen that way in the real world.

I’m sure he is trying to make it a funny show but who knows, maybe he really is that bad a hunter and that bad a shot but I don’t think so.

I guess the way I see it, it is not always about killing game, he goes out and has a good time and to me that is what it is really all about. I get tired of watching the shows where they kill monster bucks every time or kill a big gobbler every single hunt. That is not realistic..

Benny going out and shooting a box of shells and killing two ducks, now that is realistic!!

14. Nuge Fan

uhhh :head: I guess you missed the part where I said I don't mind seeing real hunts where they don't kill a monster every time? In fact that's one of the reasons I like the Nuge so much. He shoots whatever walks out....doe, dink buck, or a booner (even though it is on a ranch and not realistic hunting)

I understand what they are going for based on their intro of "a different kind of hunting show", but they took a big swing and a miss. Not funny, not entertaining and it's frustrating watching this guy constantly move around and spook deer.

15. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

remote has the change channel button!!?

16. Nuge Fan

and your computer has spell check, what's your point?

17. txcookie

txcookie Well-Known Member

another rich idiot trying to make more money off us. Atleast most of the rich guys seem to care about hunting this guy is a tool.

18. Nuge Fan

19. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

did not see anything mispelled there? point is if you dont like it change it? why cry bout it here .

20. Nuge Fan

to promote discussion

and annoying you is an added bonus :biggrin:

oh and you misspelled misspelled