Gun Cabinets

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by 7 point, Dec 10, 2012.

1. 7 point

7 point Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure which forum to post this so move it if it needs to be moved.

I've had a gun cabinet with the glass front on it since I was 16. Now that I've moved to Little Rock I'm thinking I need something with a bit more security plus I have more guns than my cabinet will hold. I was thinking a gun safe, but they sure are pricey and my guns aren't really collector items, so a little extra insurance covers the cost in the event of a loss. I found a gun cabinet made by Stack On. I went to their website but they don't have pricing on there so I'm not sure how to buy them. Anyway the one I found is a metal cabinet and holds 16 long guns and has room for storage. You bolt it to the wall studs and the floor to keep someone from picking it up. I know they can be broke into but it would take some doing. Does anyone have experience with these or is there some others out there that might be better?

2. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Bite the bullet and spend the money on a safe. You can get a good safe the size you seem to be needing for probably around 500 dollars. You will sleep better knowing that your guns are in a safe rather than a metal box bolted to the wall. Even though they have no collector value you really don't want to know that some thug is out there with your guns.

Home Depot has safes for under $500 that are fireproof. In the long run you will be glad you bought a safe.

3. Whitebread

Whitebread Well-Known Member

X2. It's well worth the extra money.

4. 7 point

MR.C I've never seen gun safes at Home Depot. Do you have to order it online? Another thing can you move one with a refrigerator Dolly?

5. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    The HD here in Jonesboro has them on display.

Yes you can move it with a dolly.

6. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

Get a safe. They're good for theft and fire.

7. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

X2. You can keep important documents in a fire rated safe too. Like birth certificates, and social security cards. A way to sell you wife on the idea is tell her if you get one big enough she can put her expensive jewelry in it when y'all go out of town... worked for me :)

8. 7 point

She's on board with whatever since we moved to 5 minutes from her work. She's said a safes good with her. So is the new shop I'm building, some new boots and maybe a SXS. I might even get an AR out of this before the lovey dovey feelings go away. Lol:p

9. BigCountry11

BigCountry11 Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Good lord, my wife loves me and all but where does a fella get that much "lovey dovey"?????

10. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    They must still be newly weds Bowtech. :fit:

11. 7 point

Haha Naw we've been married 14 years. See we lived in Benton and she works on HWY 10 in LR. My wife had to get up before 5 everyday to get her and my 8yo ready for the commute plus drop 4yo old off at my moms. Now she sleeps until 615 and has a 5 minute commute to work. So she's HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY...I'm gonna milk it for all I can!

12. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    :thumb:

14 years is still newly weds to me. We've been married for almost 32 years. :biggrin:

13. 7 point

14. 7 point

15. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

Gunsafe 7 point!!!! I ain't got no fancy guns either but I got a lot of junky ones that I don't want noone to take!!! Plus you can put ALL kinds of other stuff in safes....titles, marriage lisence, dirty pics:brows:.....etc....

16. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Just don't give momma the combo!! :up:

17. Triple Threat

Triple Threat Well-Known Member

I get nervous everytime my wife is around and the safe is open!

18. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    :fit:

I keep the safe locked and only get one gun out at a time. I like Glocks, AR's and Remington shotguns, so as long as I only have one at a time out she always thinks it's the same gun. I tell her I only have 3 guns, an AR, a Glock pistol and a Remington 12 ga. Also just one 10/22. :fit: