gun ban list

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Meathunter, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Meathunter

Meathunter Well-Known Member

does anyone know what is going to be baned? I have read a few things on the net but understand you can read anything on the net.

2. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Unless he does an executive order, nothing will change. If he does, it could get nasty...

3. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Nothing if our republican house has a collective hair on their arsh.

4. Meathunter

sure has been a bunch of talk for nothing to come of it but i sure hope.

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    No one knows until it's brought up on the floor, debated and voted on. Until then, it's anyones guess.

The best thing to do is to get what you need and get it as soon as possible.

6. Meathunter

no joke every time you walk by a gun desk someone is buying 2 or 3 AR's i was in paragould wm yesterday and they had a end cap full of 223 ammo in the ammo boxes 500 rounds for about $200 today its gone

7. Know where I can get some baby blue piercers?

8. Delbert

Delbert Well-Known Member

I know where there was will check later to see if they still have it in stock 1000 rd 556 for $350.

9. angus

angus Well-Known Member

Worry about the liberal courts passing liability down to the gun manufacturers. The may not be able to ban guns directly but there are all sorts of methods to ban them indirectly. Hard to buy guns if no one is making them. Class action laws suits from every family member of everyone who has a relative who has been shot could put them all out of business. They can also go after bullets, primers etc. Obama I fear will do whatever he has to do. This is a fight he has long wanted, and I should imagine they are well planned and prepared..He has nothing but contempt for; "unenlightened White men who desperately cling to their guns and their religion." Now I know how the American Indians must have felt The country our fathers have built is being threatened.When five days before the 2008 election, he boldly announced; "We are only five days away from fundamentally changing America!", he meant it. I do wonder whether folks will just bend over or if they will find some type of voice. I for one am keeping my powder dry. These are troubled times, and it really is different this time around.

10. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    Angus, good point.

But it might not even take that. Gun sales are soaring, but I'm broke. So are many of my fellow gun owners. Soon, the sale frenzy will stop. By then they'll have a ban on any new weapon that holds more than one round (read "Australia"), and guess what happens then?

Ruger, Rock River, Remington, Savage............etc.......all either go out of business or have 10 employees and produce ten or twenty very limited guns annually. Same with Hornady, Winchester, etc....on ammo.

The 'talk' is always about what a big shot will do WHEN the government comes after their guns. Well, they ain't coming after YOUR guns. They're coming after the system, and there ain't a dadgum thing you can do about it. You can't prop up a manufacturer. And without them, Leupold goes out of business, etc. Then Uncle Mike's sling accessories. Down the line.

And gun owners still don't even know the difference in a magazine and a clip. We have heard 'assault weapon' so often, we think there really is such a thing. We're losing it, even as we talk about it.

11. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Exactly right. IMO, the second admendment is in no danger. Too much has to happen for it to be admended. We will allways, until this country falls, have the right to own & bear arms. But here is where they will get us, the second admendment does not grant you protection from saying what a gun sold can do nor does it grant you the right to have ammo for that gun. The goverment will attempt to go this direction on the deal. Keep making rules to where only single shot, breach loading guns can be made. Keep putting added mandated features on them where it take an act of congress to make them fire, and have very strict reg's on the ammo. That is where they will go with this before all is said & done.

12. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Here's things I could see happening in the future.

Guns can only be used for "sporting purposes" which include target shooting and hunting. Guns must be kept in a central secure place and when you want to target shoot or hunt you go to the secure location, check out your GUN (not plural) for a predetermined time and then it has to be back before the predetermined time is over or you stand to lose your rights to use them.

I could see ALL semi auto rifles that take a detachable magazine being treated as Class 3 firearms are now. You apply to the .gov to own them or transfer them and must get approval before you can. ANY time you are out with this particular class of firearm you MUST have your paperwork with you that proves you are legally allowed to own and possess said firearm. I could also see a ban on "assault weapons" where the ones in hand now are all there will ever be, just like the '86 machine gun ban. LE can get new MG's but ALL transferable MG's are pre 5-19-86 manufacture. They also sell for $15-20K. I actually think there is a very good chance of this happening.

You will need a permit to purchase and own ammunition. Some European countries only allow you to own 50 rounds of ammo and you are subject to having your house searched at any time. Reloading could be outlawed and components could be restricted for civilian sale.

Who knows what's coming down the pike but the current administration is doing their best to make ALL gun owners look like villans to the up and coming soccer mom's and the Occupy Wall Street bunch.

13. paxcolt

paxcolt Well-Known Member

Conway
    Mr C, your 2nd paragraph is what some very well-known & well-connected folks in the firearms/training industry are hearing.

14. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    Kinda like the Streetsweeper's of a few years ago.

15. dogdoc

dogdoc Well-Known Member

MR C... I won't argue that your theories are where some of high power politicians stand... but before a lot of that would come to fruition there would be a lot of VERY unhappy Americans like you and I. I think there would be a significant amount of public resistance. This country has had a civil war before. Before that we traveled across an ocean to gain freedom. Just because that history is so far back and so many have forgotten that it happened (or were never taught), doesn't mean something similar couldn't happen again.

I will draw the line somewhere when it comes to stripping me of the 2nd amendment. I am thinking there are several hundred million that will do the same, as they should.

16. Mr. Chitlin

NE Ark
    You wouldn't be stripped of you second amendment rights as you would still be able to own said firearms. It's just like the GCA 68, they can just put another level of paperwork in effect. Before GCA 68 you could mail order firearms and they would be sent right to your front door. Now you fill out a 4473. After the Brady Act went in to place you now have a background check done. You still have your second amendment rights, that's just another level of bureaucracy.

Would I be happy?? No.

Would I abide by the regs before becoming a felon? Only I know the answer to that.