Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Slovak tonight for the annual Oyster Dinner and a gudied duck hunt tomorrow morning. My bro-in-law set up the guide so I am getting this info second hand. The guide told my BIL that he was taking us to Bayou Meto for a flooded timber hunt.

IS THIS LEGAL? Reading the game and fish website it says it is illegal for guides to guide on WMAs and that the guide and hunters are subject to penalty. Am I reading this wrong or what?

If it is illegal maybe the guide meant close to Bayou Meto. I don't know but I dang sure want to find out. I don't need a jack *** guide getting me in trouble with the G&F! :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is illegal, but that doesn't mean that it isn't going on. You can just about count on seeing the man down there this weekend. :eek:

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,525 Posts
It's definatly illegal, if he's taking you to bayou Meto you mise well go fight the crowd and break ice for free. Then again you could just let him break the ice and if you get checked don't mention anything about money exchage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, thanks for the replies fellahs. I did get to the bottom of this. I misunderstood my bro-in-law. :smack: He couldn't get the guide so we're going to WMA to hunt.

Although from the way y'all are talking about the ice and the crowd I'm thinking it might be a good idea to skip the whole thing.

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,642 Posts
Sometimes folks use the term "Bayou Meto" to mean the general area, or parts of it that are not within the WMA. I hope for your sake that is what they meant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts