Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
IDK if it is time yet, But this past weekend I used a grunt call and had a spike grunt back at me. He came in right to the stand and stood under it for a few mins looking around. I was thinking the whole time he was going to bust me...

So just try it out and see, I have noticed it doesn't scare them off so why not.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've been giving 3-4 shorts huffs. Do you change up how you grunt, long blow with a couple of huffs; kind of like a few clucks-cackle-and a few clucks when turkey hunting. Also I've seen some use a bleat call with a grunt. I use the bleat first and follow with grunts, what do ya'll do?:head:

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
A couple evenings ago I had a real pretty forky walk by my stand and every step he took he let off a little grunt. He looked like a bloodhound walking along with his nose to the ground. So I think the smaller bucks are starting now and it won't bee too long for the big boys to follow. It's supposed to get cold starting tomorrow so I bet it kicks the larger bucks in the butt and gets them a searching!!! The little forky kind of sounded like a hog as he was walking.....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.