Grilling Angus Beef- How to and what to put on them

Discussion in 'Cooking, Grilling, BBQ, and Recipes' started by sparkie, Jul 2, 2020.

1. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    I need to cook some#1 center cut boneless chuck steaks---#2 Tenderized Bottom Round Steaks. What temp. and how long to cook and what to put on them. --any help will be A-OK
    I will try to cook them for the forth. I know they may not be the first chose but they were all they had.

2. TJKRide

TJKRide Well-Known Member

Ogden
    A good acidic marinade to tenderize. I add lemon juice often for that acid or Italian dressing. Seasoning wise I go with liberal amount of coarse salt and pepper, hot hot grill and rare to mid-rare. Make sure they are at room temperature before grilling and rest for 5-10 minutes. That's all I got, acid and time.

sparkie and Jayepea like this.

3. tomhunter

tomhunter Well-Known Member

All over
    Can also cover the steaks in salt for a half hour or so then brush/ wash all the salt off to tenderize them.

just don’t season with anything salty before cooking.

sparkie likes this.
  4. sparkie

sparkie Well-Known Member Supporting Member

NEA
    I put 1 large lemon juice 2hours while setting out. Then pored off juice and added the Italian dressing let set another 2 hours.
    Then grilled 450* 5 min. on each side. took off a bit pink on the inside. OK but still a little tough --like I thought it would be. I did cut off a small bit while they were setting after cooking and put in to a real hot iron skeliet and seared it till it crisped up pretty good but not burnt and they were the best bites of the meat.

5. Onetrakd

Onetrakd Well-Known Member

Nwa
    I usually lather em in honey mustard before their 30 min of alone time in the 350 degree oven....

sparkie and orangefeetdown like this.
  6. jackie53

jackie53 Well-Known Member

Thousand Island...

sparkie and Onetrakd like this.
  7. Punkinseed

Punkinseed Well-Known Member

Se ark
    Wait, what?

sparkie likes this.
  8. TJKRide

TJKRide Well-Known Member

Ogden
    I'm also curious?

sparkie likes this.
  9. Onetrakd

Nwa
    I thought of that when I read the Italian dressing part.

jackie53 and sparkie like this.
  10. Onetrakd

Nwa
    Follow me for more recipes...