Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to my dad in GF, he said the hybrids and kentuckies are starting to school, he caught several yesterday evening around Edgemont. Has anyone got any more reports.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to report back on my trip down last Friday. The water is pretty nice looking. We caught several (30-40), mostly 10 inch spots. We caught most of them on topwater baits out from the bank. We talked to another guy who was catching a few right up on the bank with a spinnerbait. I was looking for some fish to put in the freezer but we only had 6 big enough to keep.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Greers

If the Hybrids have started I haven`t heard about it. Its been the worst year
for Hybrids in a long time. Most of my friends fish everyday and guide and they have not been catching any thing.
The water temp should drop some this week so maybe they will get started.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
If the Hybrids have started I haven`t heard about it. Its been the worst year
for Hybrids in a long time. Most of my friends fish everyday and guide and they have not been catching any thing.
The water temp should drop some this week so maybe they will get started.
I have a Lakehouse on Greers and nhave been fishing there since I was 6. I can't remember having this much trouble finding the hybrids. The best guies on the lake such as gerald reynolds are not catching them either.

I had a great spring catching smallies,blacks, and cats but the hybrids just haven't been where they normally are.

I am going tonight for a three day fishing trip. I will report what i find.

·
Registered
249 Posts
fish

I just got through paddling my kayak around Higden bay,Devils Fork and Middle Fork and saw a lot of bait fish but didn`t see anyone catch anything but some small ones. I talked to one of my friends that was fishing that is one of the best Hybrd fisherman out there and he hasn`t been catch anything since the spring high water.
I`m not sure where the fish are??

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I am up here know and fished 3 days. The kentuckys are very active on any type of top water. We also found some smallies on topwater as well. The bigger fish were hard to find. We caught a few 15" blacks on a shakey head, senko, and Eakins football jig.

The hybrids were not in the usual spots and we couldn't find them. I did graph a pretty sizable school in the mouth of Daves Creek but couldn't boat any.

All in all, we boated 50-70 fish but nearly all of them were 12" and under. Fun weekend though. I am about to nap then go back out for an hour or so before I head home.

·
Registered
226 Posts
here it is the 6 of november and i have not been able to find any schooling regular. i missed last year's run due to remodeling our house, got into once last year the water level was right at or just below normal pool, may try later after deer season opens. i also heard that they still in the narrows area about a week ago just before dark

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
I haven't talked to anyone that has been catching them consistantly. My brother is a great hybrid fisherman and he struck out this past weekend.

I may go Sat. morning if I have time but if not it will be several weeks before I go again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.