Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else been on the lake lately?

I am up here for 4 days and darn near got skunked today! I fished for 9 hours today and caught a few dinks. Last Sat. I tore them up on X Raps, crankbaits, and senkos. Not today.....:head:

the jug fishing has been hot though. Caught a bunch of cats! Man I love catfish! But i want to find the bass again

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By sugarloaf mountain....catching fish suspended in the tops of flooded trees. Most of them are in 17-25 ft.

The blacks are hitting black and chrome cranks and the smallies are VERY active on watermelon Arkansas Magnum Warthawgs. They have been slamming that crankbait!

Going to do some jugging tonight and then back after the bass in the morning. LIFE IS GOOD!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Coming up Sun for a Party barge trip with the kids...is the water cleaning up any. I was up there 2 wks ago and it was like an obsticle course coming from Choctaw to Suger Loaf.

Bryan

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Coming up Sun for a Party barge trip with the kids...is the water cleaning up any. I was up there 2 wks ago and it was like an obsticle course coming from Choctaw to Suger Loaf.

Bryan
Yes its cleared up pretty good. It is nowhere near the normal clarity but it is not muddy anymore. I have been all through Choctaw and sugarloaf today on the barge. We swam in the ski cove behind the island at point 13. It was nice and the water has warmed up as well.

·
Registered
937 Posts
I saw some fella catching the fire outta bass around my cabin,try it on the right hand bank comming outta the narrows headed back to sugarloaf mnt.. Its got a creek running into the lake right in the corner,let me know if you need more directions,good luck... Enjoy
:thumb:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Congratulations on the bass. Sounds like they are starting make the move off shore into the deep water. They get hard to catch when they do. I haven't got up there but once this year and If I don't hurry the good fishing will be over until fall.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.