Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey got tourn this weekend and i know water is high but has anyone been on greers ferry this week or last weekend, that can help me with the conditions or where to start? i wont get to pre-fish so any help would be appr. thanks guys:thumb:

·
Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner
165 Posts
I fished Greers for the First day since all the rain today. Water temps are 50 -52 degrees depending on where your at and what flow you have got.... Water is stained with 3 - 5 foot visibility in the main basin. The only consistant pattern I would put you on is seek out the bait fish WAY up the arms in minor creeks... Dave, Drip, Rocky Branch, etc. All of these arms are holding Big wads of bait at the far reaches, In and around these schools of bait fish there are some good bass. When I say WAY up the arms I mean it, When you think you have got to the back of them go another 50 yards. There where fish in every arm I went up. There where also bass present before the rain in Peter Creek around the same locations. Hope this helps, I do guide on this resevoir and 2008 has been my worst year to date.... Let me know how it goes!

Cody

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
How was the tourney? What won it?

I can't even imagine how tough it was. I was up there but not fishing....didn't look fun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts