Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m from south east Arkansas and our small bass club decided to mix it up this year and throw some out of town tournaments in. We are going to greers this weekend and will be putting in at devils fork. I have never been in a boat there and due to work have not been able to get up there to do any looking around. Figured I would give it a shot in here and maybe be able to get a little advice. I have been told that I should be able to get on some in the bushes but they probably won’t be big fish. I was also told that a 12 lb bag is a good bag out there right now. Anyone been out there lately that might be able to put me in the right direction to find some better quality fish? Or an area I should concentrate on. This will be the only day I’m there so u won’t have to worry about me being in your way some other time. I would also be willing to share some info with some places around here if someone needed some help. You can message me if that would be best. Just your average jo that has no clue what he is getting in to and absolutely no time to prepare but also hates sucking it up. Any help would be great. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
24,737 Posts
Sinkos in Greenpunkin ,Redbug, Junebug,
Watermelon and Black..no weight in the Buckbrush with basketball size Rock's..
Fish slow..
Don't have to Run anywhere Points and coves around Devil's Fork rec...

I have been fishing a Black Zoom 4 in Finesse worm and Killing them..1/0 Worm hook and 1/4 Oz Worm weight..

Go under the Edegmont Bridge look to your right see devil's Fork boat doc..
Fish from point to the Water Plant Release....
Good Fishing..

·
Premium Member
24,737 Posts
Yes Sir....Lots of Private boat Ramps..With Brushpiles.. Good Fishing..Fish slow..When you think your slow enough slow down some more..
I only use 10 Lb Test Floro... Clear....

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Usually lots of good fish around the peers right at the boat ramp if not too much boat traffic. This time of the year out there I have a lot of luck with a watermelon seed 4” centipede flat belly worm. Texas rig like a sinko and it falls real slow. Like Jackie said as slow as you can go prolly ain’t slow enough. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ended up with 9.70 today and it was enough for 1st place. I flipped a lot of bushes and caught several small fish but ended up catching 3 good small mouth off of a main lake point on a Carolina rig that put me on top. Thanks for the input guys

·
Premium Member
24,737 Posts
Ended up with 9.70 today and it was enough for 1st place. I flipped a lot of bushes and caught several small fish but ended up catching 3 good small mouth off of a main lake point on a Carolina rig that put me on top. Thanks for the input guys
Congrats..Well Done... That's a Good Bag for Greer's....Boat Traffic is terrible...
Congratulations...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts