Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been after a mature buck for a while but could not make it happen I was able to reckognize a pattern last year during the rut were this buck or another one would chase a doe through a block of woods or step out and make rubs on the cedar but I could not get a climber in there due there not being suitable trees either to big or small. Decided that I would get in early and sit against a big red oak. Well about an hour in a doe comes through looking nervous and I knew something was after her. This dude comes in with two small bucks behind him and he is grunting. Loud grunt followed by a few tender grunts I let him clear some young privet then bam 20 yards with a 400 grain bolt and 125 grain slick trick. As he ran by I could see the shot behind the shoulder amd gave him 45 minutes. Crazy thing is I got up to stretch and those little bucks wheezed at me but would not leave. I never seen them foaming out the mouth. He went about 40 yards perfect double lung shot. This is my last full semester and my 6th chance to get out and hunt this year so im glad I had some success this break.

Smile Hat Branch Tree Wood

1 - 20 of 34 Posts