1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
121 Posts
Sorry, Don't Have The Remington, But Another One That Is Quite Similar To It. I Actually Have Two; They Are Great For Taking My Daugter With Me. Over The Summer I Did A Little Redneck Engineering And Turned One Into A Quad Pod For About $65 Dollars. But I Made The Legs Removable Incase It Needed To Be Put Against A Tree. At That Price I Don't Think You Can Go Wrong.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
Sorry, Don't Have The Remington, But Another One That Is Quite Similar To It. I Actually Have Two; They Are Great For Taking My Daugter With Me. Over The Summer I Did A Little Redneck Engineering And Turned One Into A Quad Pod For About $65 Dollars. But I Made The Legs Removable Incase It Needed To Be Put Against A Tree. At That Price I Don't Think You Can Go Wrong.
I'd like to know how you did that.They burned 300 acres off our lease in order to plant pines and now there's no trees to climb. Maybe some pics and details? Preciate it!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'd like to know how you did that.They burned 300 acres off our lease in order to plant pines and now there's no trees to climb. Maybe some pics and details? Preciate it!
CAMRON, WHEN I GO TO THE CAMP THIS WEEKEND I WILL TRY TO TAKE SOME PICS AND SEND YOU. IT WAS REAL EASY THOUGH. I BOUGHT SOME 1 1/2" TUBING AND CUT THEM TO LENGTH FOR THE HEIGHT THAT I WANTED. ON THE BOTTOM BACK OF THE STAND I WELDED SOME FLAT PLATE TO THE BOTTOM CORNERS THEN I TOOK A SIZE BIGGER TUBING AND ANGLE CUT IT AND WELDED IT TO THE FLAT PLAT. I SLID MY 1 1/2" TUBING IN SIDE OF TUBING ON THE FLAT PLATE AND BRACED IT FROM THE BACK TO THE LADDER IN THE FRONT AND ALSO ACROSS THE BACK AND IN THE MIDDLE. ALSO A LITTLE ADVICE IF YOU ARE IN A AREA THAT IS LEVEL PUT YOU SOME REMOVEABLE FEET ON IT SO IT WON'T SINK IN THE MUD. I ALSO PUT A TOP ON THE STAND AND AM PLANNING ON COVERING THE SIDES OF THE SITTING AREA. ALSO I NEED TO ADD A COUPLE MORE ANCHOR POINTS FOR STABILITY.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.