Great employees needing new careers!

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by arkiehogtitan, Dec 30, 2010.

1. arkiehogtitan

arkiehogtitan Well-Known Member

Fellow AR Hunt net members – I am looking for some assistance from anyone who may/can help. My employer(Conestoga Wood Specialties) in Jacksonville, AR will be closing both it’s Arkansas operations & I have about 48employees and several managers that are going to be out of work come mid-February. I personally know that each and every one of these super people will make excellent employees for someone willing to hire them.

I am seeking any employment opportunities to pass on to these good people. Most of them have over 11 years with our company (like myself)and some with as much of 25+ years of dedication.

Most of our hourly employees skills-sets range from skilled maintenance technicians, machine operators to general production craftsmen in a highly skilled-manufacturing environment. Some of the Exempt managerial staff include a Production Manager(s), a Director of Operations, a Scheduling/Purchasing Manager, and myself (the Human Resource Manager) as well as a few other key Management positions.

I am attempting to leave no stone unturned in contacting all my personal friends, contacts, acquaintances & fellow sportsmen in getting this message out.

So if anyone hears or knows of any employment opportunities I am asking that you please contact me thru a PM message. Thanks for your time!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. QCDually5.9

QCDually5.9 Well-Known Member

I commend you for what you are doing. The news of the closing will be felt by every employee and his/her family. It's admirable that you are going the extra mile on their behalf. If I hear of anything, you'll be the first to know.

3. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

What he said! I hope you find something for everybody.

4. flydown

flydown Well-Known Member

Beebe
    Have them check at AESD and ask about LM Windpower. They have been doing some hiring and may be doing more in the future.

5. Catfish898

Catfish898 Well-Known Member

I worked there for 15 years before I went to Iraq then moved to IL. Now work at Baptist hospital. Sorry to hear that they are closing though I can't say that i'm suprised with the housing market the way it is. Good luck to you and and everyone else. Everything happens for a reason and everything always works out for the best.

6. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

If any of you guys looking to move up to NWA or Fort Smith our company is looking for 5-6 guys. Or if anyone on here needs a job let me know an I can give details.

Yearly average pay 35k-60k.

7. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

I talked to a friend of mine the other day, and he works for Halburton Drilling service sp? He said they were hiring 3 in this region, said it's a great company to work for, and you get plenty of hours:up:

8. bk1167

bk1167 Well-Known Member

I'll talk to my boss. We make custom wood shutters in Maumelle.

9. AR Coon Hunter

AR Coon Hunter Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi

Tink PM me some info.

10. stingerslinger

stingerslinger Well-Known Member

Not positive...but i think Cooper Tire & Rubber is still hiring in Texarkana.

11. Mbpike

Mbpike Well-Known Member

The oil field or Arkansas is slowly picking up. There are a bunch of service companies are always hiring but
    most require CDLs. I know that you can go online and apply for moat OD the major players in the state (SWN, Chesapeake, schulmberger, cudd, cal frac, and the list can go on and on. ) Hope this helps

12. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

That they are. I just talked to my cousin's husband today, as he is an engineer for SWN. I was mainly talking about drilling around my deer hunting area, and he was telling me what meant what, etc. and how busy SWN and its subs are getting.

13. fairweatherhunter

fairweatherhunter Well-Known Member

I was with Target in Maumelle when we closed in 2009, we were considered "Displaced workers" and qualified for a lot of different things like assistance for college and trade schools. I was lucky enough to find employment within 6 months, good luck to you folks and take addvantage of what the state offers.

14. cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve Select Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

I'm pretty sure they are. They'll need to head to the local DWS to get everything filled out for those. They have online aps, but that's only for certain positions. The majority of the jobs at Cooper can only go through DWS. Better hurry if you're wanting one.