Arkansas Hunting banner

18641 - 18660 of 19393 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
My buddy had written his name and the date he purchased it on the inside of the styrofoam lid. You would have liked him alot. He loved to shoot rimfires more than breathe.
Sounds like my kind of man, I do love the rimfires. Seriously, I'd love to handle it, it has the lighter weight barrel, perfect for squirrel hunting. Call me some time.

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18,658
It's a good looking rifle. Too pretty to hunt with. Now tell us peasants what it is.
Many people will argue it is the best 22 sporter ever made. It is an Anschutz 1710d classic sporter based on the famous 54 Anschutz target action. The 54 Anschutz for decades set the standards by which all rimfire rifles were measured. A ton of gold medals and world records in the Olympics and target world. Of course the rifle only performs to its full potential with the right scope, right ammo and right shooter.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I could be wrong Reb, but I don't think Anschutz offers that configuration anymore, the lighter barrel I mean. I think its lighter than my 1712 which is lighter than my 1717, my 1710 is a heavyweight for sure. I can't wait to shoot it!

18641 - 18660 of 19393 Posts