Arkansas Hunting banner
28021 - 28040 of 29545 Posts

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28,023 ·
I'm going to print this off an
For a man that hates dogs, they sure do cotton up to Rebster a lot. I thought they could sense that stuff.
I don't hate dogs. Have two myself. I just don't care for the way people use them to when they squirrel hunt. Most so called "trashy dog hunters" are not hunters at all. They are killers. There is a big difference. Their dogs are the hunters, they just get the benefits of sponging off their pooches. Some who use dogs are hunters and use them the way they should be used. I have no problem with those people.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28,027 ·
Anytime you are sitting on your ass letting the dog do all the work you are using them the wrong way. Several fellers, a pack of dogs, pickup, shotguns and a gravel road. That is the way most of these yahoos hunt them around here. Get in the dang woods. Learn to shoot a gun rather than laying down suppressive fire. Quite annoying everything in a ten mile radius. If you want to cuss, drink beer and enjoy you buddies company that is what bars and squirrel camps are for. When you hunt, hunt. Quite BSing around. Idgits.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28,033 ·
When I had squirrel dogs and I flipped one loose it was gonna do all the work or I wouldn’t own it. The dog is gonna do the work weather I was walking behind them or road hunting them. I don’t understand your argument.
Here it is plain and simple: In my opinion, if a person is not in the woods actively seeking game, then they are not hunting. If they are riding the roads letting the dogs run, they are just exercising the dogs, not hunting. If they are riding the roads and killing things with dogs, they are still not hunting, just killing. The dog may be hunting it's ass off, but the hunter is just being a lazy ass. All that wouldnt be so bad in itself, except then the human ego of said" hunters" kicks in." Look at the 47 squirrels my five buddies, 10 dogs and I got today. We hunted our ass off. Look at us. Oh man, We should have our own show. Only cost us a case of shells, 20 gallons of gas and seven dog biscuits. We be awesome!" Then some poor schmuck, tries to go out and kill a squirrel or two for family supper but can't find any because the squirrels that have survived are wilder than hell and moved to places of no vehicle access for a 10 mile radius. Thus Black_Foot's home woods and we know what happens to them.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28,040 ·
Sometimes we ask just to know how wrong a person is. Ha!
I have been wrong plenty times in my life, just not this time. When I was younger I would have loved going out and killing 25 squirrels. Kill them any way you can. When you are young you are full of macho BS and think you have to be extreme on everything. When you get older, if you mature and grow within yourself, you realize it is not about killing as much as the enjoyment of being out in nature, seeing animals and sharing with friends. The older you get, the more you see go away, the more you develop a respect for life. If I could go back and do it all again, I would kill less than I did the first time around, but would enjoy the moments a lot more. I would sure hunt with my Cuz Bro a lot more and a lot sooner than I did. The damnable thing of life is, you don't learn these lessons until it is too late. This is the last thing I am saying about dog hunting: I guess the main reason it is not for me is because I have had too many hunts ruined over the years by discourteous folks running their pooches in areas they knew others were hunting. It is hard to enjoy the moment when some guys cur is standing there barking at you. Now I am done. My opinion is not going to change yours and visa versa.

28021 - 28040 of 29545 Posts