Arkansas Hunting banner
27761 - 27780 of 28040 Posts

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
One of the worst cases of CHS I ever had was just a few months ago. I was tagging along with BF at one of his spots. Got to the end of the trail, he turned right, I turned left. I rolled one out at about 45 yds before I really even started hunting. Rain was coming so I decided to get after them instead of monkeying around with head shots and such. I missed the next two or three in a row and started to get frustrated. That didn’t help matters but had I known I was going to hit one out of the next 6-8 I would have just waited on BF at the truck. Not sure how many I missed that morning but it was a bunch, which made the walk of shame, in the rain no less, back to the truck that much more humbling.

More salt in the would- BF had his 12 when I got back. I added my 2.

Checked my gun after the rain that afternoon- perfect.

I can’t explain those days.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
One of the worst cases of CHS I ever had was just a few months. I was tagging along with BF at one of his spots. Got to the end of the trail, he turned right, I turned left. I rolled one out at about 45 yds before I really even started hunting. Rain was coming so I decided to get after them instead of monkeying around with head shots and such. I missed the next two or three in a row and started to get frustrated. That didn’t help matters but had I known I was going to hit one out of the next 6-8 I would have just waited on BF at the truck. Not sure how many I missed that morning but it was a bunch, which made the walk of shame, in the rain no less, back to the truck that much more humbling.

More salt in the would- BF had his 12 when I got back. I added my 2.

Checked my gun after the rain that afternoon- perfect.

I can’t explain those days.
While I do appreciate the kind gesture, you don't have to let me win every time we hunt together. I've come to terms with the buzzer beater in the contest years back when you kept me from winning every category. You may resume your squirrel killing next time we hunt

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
While I do appreciate the kind gesture, you don't have to let me win every time we hunt together. I've come to terms with the buzzer beater in the contest years back when you kept me from winning every category. You may resume your squirrel killing next time we hunt
Ha!!!!!!!! That’s one of the stories I plan on telling my grandkids while I’m bouncing them on my knee.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I use you as an example when teaching students to mount their scopes on their rifles.....of what not to do.
I deserve that…….. for not checking it myself. But, how many of your guys would still attempt to use their weapon if their whole upper assembly slid off? What I thought

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
OK. What happened to all the squirrels? I see them normally all time. So I decide to shoot a few . I have not seen a single squirrel. They have not even came into my yard. What's up with squirrels?

27761 - 27780 of 28040 Posts