Arkansas Hunting banner
25861 - 25880 of 26054 Posts

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25,864 ·
I am not worthy to be the champeen. I couldnt make myself get out of bed this morning. Alarm went off at 4:00. I turned it off and just layed there. I was conscious enough that my inner reb was saying "get up lazy. Get up slacker. Squirrels need to be killed. You cant catch BF and Alpha laying on your lazy ass." But my outer reb was saying "to hell with BF, Alpha, squirrels, and champeenships. I want to sleep." My right knee and leg were whinning "we hurt". So the outer reb and my knee overwhelmed my inner reb and knocked his ass out.

·
Premium Member
20,082 Posts

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
Got the .22 in the truck and about to head out for the afternoon. I haven't been since before my surgery. Don't know what I'll do if I kill one unless I can trick the wife into skinning it. Hope to upload a pic later.
We saw you struggle to skin a squirrel before the doc cut on your shoulder. I would hate to see how bad one whips you now. You may add another month or two of recovery if you wrestle a squirrel for an hour tonight.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
We saw you struggle to skin a squirrel before the doc cut on your shoulder. I would hate to see how bad one whips you now. You may add another month or two of recovery if you wrestle a squirrel for an hour tonight.
I still say that was one of BFs home stock squirrels, snuck into the pile, for his own personal amusement. That thing was probably 12 years old when it died.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
I still say that was one of BFs home stock squirrels, snuck into the pile, for his own personal amusement. That thing was probably 12 years old when it died.
That was actually a pet I'd had since I was in grade school. Poor joker killed over 2 weeks before camp and I forgot to throw him out of the back of the truck. I slipped him in your vest when you were mid heat stroke/ hypoglycemic shock after the short walk down the tracks back to the truck. That's why you pulled an extra out of your vest. I figured he would just be foul. I never dreamed that ol Sparkie the squirrel's hide would have tanned on his decomposing carcass to the point that he would land HGWT on the injured reserve.

25861 - 25880 of 26054 Posts