Arkansas Hunting banner

13621 - 13640 of 14190 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I feel your pain. The best hunting of the year comes about the 2nd week of August. Find a nice hickory patch along a stream (I forgot the GPS coordinates of my spot so don't ask) and you can sit all day and let the squills come to you. Here in MS, I have to wait until the hickory trees are picked clean before I can even think about picking up my gun. That leaves me hunting Oaks which are strewn everywhere. It makes locating them more difficult and when you do find them they are in smaller batches.
In exchange for one Mississippi turkey, I'll put you on more squirrels than you have bullets in South AR.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Can y’all believe Reb sold me his best squirrel rifle?? Took his old Remington 504 Mach 2 on its maiden voyage for its new owner this morning.

Might have to put it back in the safe for the rest of the year so I don’t hurt the squirrel population too bad.

PS: She’s hell on coyotes too

View attachment 283828 View attachment 283830
Sweet rifle, I the a 504 in 22LR too.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,625
Can y’all believe Reb sold me his best squirrel rifle?? Took his old Remington 504 Mach 2 on its maiden voyage for its new owner this morning.

Might have to put it back in the safe for the rest of the year so I don’t hurt the squirrel population too bad.

PS: She’s hell on coyotes too

View attachment 283828 View attachment 283830
Glad you like it. I told you it was a shooter.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
@austincrutchfield my grandpa just told me that hogs have moved into our south hay meadow and are tearing it up. At least we've got the last cutting of the year off. So I guess I'll actively pursue hogs now.
you shouldn't of said they didnt mess with em much lol I baled the hay on this one Friday evenin, came back Saturday morning and they rooted up probably 1/4 acre or so over night. Now before spring will have to run a plane over it
20201012_175334.jpg

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,634
Didn’t buy it but did lay an eyeball on it. :D

Told him we’d talk next week.
View attachment 283954
They are good rifles. Their weakness is the trigger. They will only go down to about three pounds pull and they are made of plastic. Of course for another $257 you can put a jewel trigger in them and get them down to 8 ounces. A five pound rifle with a three pound trigger can sometimes be a challenge to shoot. But, they are nice and do shoot decently well.

·
Administrator
73,324 Posts
I keep thinking about the rifles I already have that will ding a squirrel head at 35-40 yards all day long and if they do that why do I need another rifle.

When it comes to spending money I just have to convince myself to do it.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,636
I keep thinking about the rifles I already have that will ding a squirrel head at 35-40 yards all day long and if they do that why do I need another rifle.

If a feller only bought the guns he needed he wouldnt own but one or two. The love and appreciation of a guns is a good and natural thing. They are useful tools and can be beautiful pieces of art. The American love and need of firearms has been implanted in us from our very beginnings. They allowed us to build and settle a nation and to defend that nation. They allowed us to feed and protect our families. If you remove them, which is a totally unamerican idea, then you submitt yourselves to the mercy of thieves, human predators and corrupt and evil politicians who would send you into subjegation much worse than our founding fathers would have dreamed possible.

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts

Interesting, I have to convince myself not to spend. I’m not doing a very good job at it either.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
They are good rifles. Their weakness is the trigger. They will only go down to about three pounds pull and they are made of plastic. Of course for another $257 you can put a jewel trigger in them and get them down to 8 ounces. A five pound rifle with a three pound trigger can sometimes be a challenge to shoot. But, they are nice and do shoot decently well.[/Q
Didn’t buy it but did lay an eyeball on it. :D

Told him we’d talk next week.
View attachment 283954

·
Administrator
73,324 Posts
If a feller only bought the guns he needed he wouldnt own but one or two. The love and appreciation of a guns is a good and natural thing. They are useful tools and can be beautiful pieces of art. The American love and need of firearms has been implanted in us from our very beginnings. They allowed us to build and settle a nation and to defend that nation. They allowed us to feed and protect our families. If you remove them, which is a totally unamerican idea, then you submitt yourselves to the mercy of thieves, human predators and corrupt and evil politicians who would send you into subjegation much worse than our founding fathers would have dreamed possible.
Dang, that philosophical reply almost brought a tear to my eye. I was saluting the flag while reading it.

13621 - 13640 of 14190 Posts