Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if a person can still shoot the upcoming grant county ASA quailifier if they are not shooting for ASA competition? Me and my buddies generally travel around and shoot a bunch of club shoots and we are not "ASA" shooters, we are just in it for the fun of shooting. We keep hearing about how good the grant county shoots are and well Memorial Day weekend we were hoping to travel to grant county on saturday then monticello on sunday the to mayflower for the scholarship shoot on Monday. Any info will be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm one of the officers at Grant County. Yes, the shoot is welcome to everyone. Just let us know you don't want to shoot for the ASA because I'm pretty sure it is a higher charge. I shot at Twin City Bowhunters ASA shoot and I wasn't trying to qualify and I just had to tell them. Come on down. Just ask for Tony Gerbitz.

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up. We are really looking forward to making the shoot. Also, can you please give me some directions, We will be coming from the stuttgart area. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
All I can tell you is it's off Hwy 270 between Pine Bluff and Sheridan. If you're coming from Pine Bluff you would take a right onto Bradford rd which is across the street from a fire dept. The shoot is about 1/4 mile down Bradford road on your left. One of the members is from Pine Bluff/Redfield and I'll get him to post more specific directions.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I talked to someone that gave me more specific directions. You come in on Hwy 79 west from Stuttgart. Turn onto Hwy 270 west amd go 16 miles toward Sheridan. You will see Bradford road on your right with the fire station on your left. Turn right and go about 1/4 mile. We usually have a banner up on the road off hwy 270. If you get lost or need further directions call 501-416-9469. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Grant Co. was supposed to have a shoot this morning. Myself and two buddies got up early and drove down there to attend. Not only was there no one there, there was no way for us to know that the shoot had been cancelled. We work hard for our money and we could have gone to Mayflower, so to say that I am PI$$ED is an understatment. I will never again support any shoot or event put on by the Grant Co. club. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers but I am very unhappy with the days events or lack there-of.

Boom

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Here is the information posted on the ABA shoot:

Date Event Members $ Non-Mem $ Pro $
Feb. 23rd Club Shoot $7 $10 $15
Mar. 22nd Club Shoot $7 $10 $15
Apr. 26th Club Shoot $7 $10 $15
May 24th Club Shoot $7 $10 $15
Jun. 28th Invitational $10 $15 $20
Jul. 26th Club Shoot $7 $10 $15
Aug. 23rd Benefit $20 $20 $20

Where did you hear that our shoot was on Monday the 26th. Saturday was an ASA qualifier as well as a club shoot. Hate that you missed it and for the confusion.

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I attended the Grant county shoot on Saturday and I have to say it was the best club shoot that I have been to yet and I have been to many. For it not to be an "invitational" it sure was a good one. I actually tied for first in the unlimited division but I lost the shoot off and finished 2nd. My son won the pee-wee division and my brother in law is the one that beat me in the shoot off so we all had a great time there. I will make every Grant County shoot that I can, I promise that. That was my first shoot ever with a scope.

We shot the Drew County invitational on sunday and I pulled out a 3rd place finish there and I won the long dot competition. My son won the pee-wee division. I have to say, they were the hardest 12 rings to hit that I have ever seen, they were the size of dimes. It was interesting thats for sure.

We also attended the scholarship shoot at Mayflower on Monday. That was the longest shoot of my life. It took us 5 1/2 hours to shoot it. To top it off we ended up being the last group off the range I think because of a extremely slow group in front of us and then on our last 6 targets, the bottom fell out of the sky and we couldn't see through our scopes at all. It was fun though. I have to say 3 shoots in 3 days was rough on me, I have a bad back and when I got home monday night, I thought it was broke all over again. I think I finished 8th at the scholarship shoot and My son won the pee-wee division.

If any of yall were at these places, let me know, we may have actually met without knowing it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I saw you in the shootoff. I was one of the guys running around in the blue club shirts. I was running the kids novelty shoot, so I'm pretty sure I met you. I believe your son was the one with the highest peewee,cubs, and youth novelty score.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
My buddy had a flyer that said the date was the 26th. Some one may have given him a flyer from last year, I don't know. I am sorry for any harsh words or feelings. I know that things happen, but it dose suck to be given a flyer with the wrong date on it. I will find out tomorrow where he got the flyer. We all knew about the Memorial shoot but we all had family things to do that would not allow for 6 hours at a shoot.

Again I am sorry. I should have asked questions before venting in the manor that I did. I don't get many chances to get out with the guys that I went with and was upset by the way the day went.

Boom

·
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I saw you in the shootoff. I was one of the guys running around in the blue club shirts. I was running the kids novelty shoot, so I'm pretty sure I met you. I believe your son was the one with the highest peewee,cubs, and youth novelty score.
Yep, I am sure I met you then. Yes that was my son that won the novelty shoot. He is one of the main reasons we go to shoots, he is really good and I just hope he stick with it and doesn't get involved with all the crap in todays world. Does your club normally sponsor a kid in the novelty shoot or did they just sponsor Ryan to see if he actually could shoot after posting a 292? Just curious because I had never seen that before. When Ryan gets to bragging to much we stick him in the cub division to shoot hoping it will teach him a lesson on being a good sport but he always wins anyway so now we just leave him in pee-wee so he can have more fun while he can. Next year he'll move up to full time cub division.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
We have the novelty shoot for the kids, 3D popups and long dot at every shoot. Yes, your son was a great shot. I didn't cut him or any of the kids a break to be totally fair and he was just head and shoulders better than the kids in the two older brackets. I have been in the process of posting the scores on the ABA website and I know you had a shootoff but I don't remember which one of you won. Can you post either your last or first name so I can make sure I credit the right person. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.