Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson's were here this past weekend. They are on spring break and my daughter wanted to see the Ozark Folk Festival. So I took the boys fishing. My #2 grandson caught his first bass and he is really turned on to fishing. The rod and reel was a gift last Christmas. He is still talking about his bass.

:thumb:

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great picture and story.:clap: I figured you would have them over at Mirror Lake after Trout.:biggrin: What pond is that ?:head: Bet the boys will remember that for many years.:up:
The pond is called "Stinger Lake" and is on the Stone County Public School Campus. Adults can fish there if they are accompanied by a child old enough to fish. The ARG&F keep it well stocked with catfish, bass and bream and the Lake is used for many kids fishing events.

Not to long ago a boy had his picture in the local newspaper with an 8.5 bass he caught from Stinger Lake.

The lake is a "Hooked on Fishing" project and a great example of what a small pond can do for the kids in the community. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
The pond is called "Stinger Lake" and is on the Stone County Public School Campus. Adults can fish there if they are accompanied by a child old enough to fish. The ARG&F keep it well stocked with catfish, bass and bream and the Lake is used for many kids fishing events.

Not to long ago a boy had his picture in the local newspaper with an 8.5 bass he caught from Stinger Lake.

The lake is a "Hooked on Fishing" project and a great example of what a small pond can do for the kids in the community. :thumb:
What a wonderful project. I bet there's nowhere in the whole state of Louisiana that has something like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.