Gotta question for some home builders...

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by tgooch, Jan 2, 2011.

1. tgooch

tgooch Moderator Supporting Member

So i'm wanting to update all the door knobs and hinges in our house from gold to stained bronze. We've been looking at lowes and home depot for all the hardware but I keep thinking there is a better place to purchase this stuff in bulk. So is there any supply place I can get a better deal on purchasing this stuff in bulk? Its going to be around 20 doors and hinges included. Is lowes the best place to get the supplies or is there a contractor supply place around nwa i can get a better deal? This is just the start too, we wanna replace the kitchen countertops later also. Any help would be greatly appreciated..:thumb:

2. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator Staff Member

Great prices and service. I've used them mostly for cabinet hardware. www.wwhardware.com

3. arcountryboy

arcountryboy Well-Known Member

Glad to see that, we were wanting to do the same thing and we have 14 doors, that adds up quick!

4. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

I'd say Lowes was the worst place to get them. Tell a reputable local lumber yard your concerns and they can help.

They have access to better quality stuff too. Avoid the bottom of the line.

And they have bulk hinges.

PM me for contact.

5. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  6. tgooch

I think I've seen a metro before but not around here. What about Meeks in Springdale? Anyone been there before?

7. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

I did this to my home before selling it also. I went to trusty old ebay and got some really nice ones for all my doors spent like $80 total, shipping and all woohoo!

8. tgooch

I'll give them a try, they have a location in springdale. Anyone else have some input? Any contractors?