Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
You need to open an account at www.photobucket.com. Download the pics there then copy the bottom url code and paste on your thread at arkansashunting.net. If any questions just ask and I'm sure someone will assist you.

Bye the way congrats on your turkey and looking forward to seeing pics :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK,the story:After a terrible opening weekend permit hunt on Harold Alexander WMA (windy,cold,and sleet and snow on sunday)I came home and hunted here at the house Monday the 14th,I left the truck and eased down the camp road through a cutover,there's a long bottom that runs about a 1/4 mi. to my left about 200 yds. across the cutover,its not very wide,maybe 50 yds. but I've taken 2 good gobblers from it in the past before the timber was cut next to it.I stopped and yelped knowing if there was aturkey in that bottom he would here me.But no response,walked on to a couple more spots I've taken birds and not a peep.Decided to head back to the truck and go somewhere else and when I was walking back past that bottom I decided to try it again,I yelped down toward the bottom and thought I heard a gobble,yelped again and was sure I heard one about midways in the bottom so I headed to the far end and found a place to sit,I called,nothing,I called again,nothing,thought I must have been hearing things,then a gobble about 150yds up through the bottom,I called he cut me off,I called he cut me off,last gobble was 100yds,he's coming,the next gobble sounded like it was 300yds.I sat there thinking dang he's headed the other way,next gobble 75yds almost in sight,Im sitting on a small creek bank looking up through the bottom for a glimps of him,nothing,all of a sudden I hear spittin and drumin,he walk to me down in the creek bed and came up out of it about 12' to 15' from me,my guns not up,I'm holding it butt on the ground barrel up.He's about to get in my lap,all I could do is swing my gun,he took flight and got maybe 8' off the ground and I downed him.his gobbles sounded the way they did because he was down in the creek bed.And you know the rest (1st bird pressure's off) whata feelin!
19 lbs 8 ozs
9 3/4" beard
7/8" spurs
So whats my score?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.