Got Robbed!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by bayman1975, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bayman1975

bayman1975 Select Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest W

My son-in-law called yesterday to tell me that somebody had stolen the 2 stands and the feeder we had on Cherokee Village for the Urban Hunt. They took it all. The chains, locks, even a couple of screws put in the tree for the feeder. And, somebody else has put a feeder in the same spot. No stand.

We origionally had one stand there, but my SIL wanted to hunt with his Dad and video some, so we put the second stand across from the first around the same feeder.

2. kendract

kendract Well-Known Member

:censored:

3. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

Sorry 'bout your luck. And got the chains too? :mad:

4. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

HMMMMM. Stole your feeder and stands, but yet someone else put a feeder there? There has been a a lot of stealing going on. Too lazy to get a job, but steal other people's stuff. I hate it happened.

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    One of these days we are gonna need to have an open season on thieves!!

6. Red Oak

Red Oak Well-Known Member

You should call the local wardens and let them know and see if they can catch there.

7. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

I really hate that for ya. Pretty sad we gotta live around people who would do that.
    I think the manufactorers (sp) of hunting equipment, especially those items that get left in the woods should come up with something to stop all the thieving. Tracking device or whatever. I bet the hunters that use them would be more than willing to pay a few extra $ for the protection. There's gotta be something they could come up with .....:head:

8. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

Probably meth heads looking for something to sell...

9. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

Getting RFD tags for all your gear could get pretty expensive pretty fast, you could do it though, esp cameras...

10. austincrutchfield

austincrutchfield Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that y'alls stuff got stolen

11. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

That sucks. I think I'd camp out by that new feeder and wait for the person to show up and just have a little talk with him. Although, he honestly might not know anything about it, but I would still ask him what's up.

12. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

x2

13. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt it. I came home 2 weeks ago from hunting, and saw a truck that was 5 miles from the house where I hunt at turning around. I didn't think any thing about it, until I watched two guys throw some scrap from the barn across the street into the back of the truck.

14. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Man I hate that hope the best for you.

15. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Tis the season to take your stuff

Sorry sob's broke in my house back on the first between 8-11 a.m. and clipped me for about 4 grand worth of stuff...:censored::censored:

16. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

Ive been hit a few times this year as well. First was a ladder stand, Second was a climber while I was at camp, and then Monday I found 1 camera missing and my wires to my feeder motor and timer cut. I say we thin the heard some.

17. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

Just give me a day or so notice...I'd trade my truck for a wheel barrow load of ammo if they'd open a season on em!!:biggrin:

Sorry they hit ya!!

18. cookiearcher

cookiearcher Well-Known Member

Set up another feeder and stand then booby trap it.:whistle: