Got my new bow today

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by IRONHIDE, Dec 23, 2010.

1. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Well-Known Member

Got my new bow today! I have been a pse man for years and decided to join the crowd! Shot a few bows and talked to a few people i finally decided on this bad boy! So far I love it! it is stupid smooth with a good strong back wall. shoots well and is super quiet.

[​IMG]

My new mathews z7 extreme.
    Sword sights
    axion stablizer
    ripcord arrow rest

kinda proud of it thought i may like to show it off!

2. ol bucky

ol bucky Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Sweet good looking bow

3. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

Hope you get a monster with it ! Congrats and Merry Christmas.

4. cropdustersteve

cropdustersteve Select Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

Can't go wrong with any one of the bows in the Z7 line. Contests!:thumb:

5. bowtime

bowtime Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2011-2012

You will love it..Congrats..

6. Congrats, looks like santa really likes you. Don't forget to post some pictures of the first kill with it.

7. Wapiti

Wapiti Well-Known Member

Helluva rig :up:

8. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

Sweet bow!!! I'm gettin the Z9 it's ordered and i can't wait for it to get here and start shootin it!

9. IRONHIDE

This bow is ridiculous guys. I've had a pse xforce and a martin. This bow by far surpasses them with flying colors. Guys you need to check out mathews bows!

10. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

Congrats! I'm glad you like it. One of my best friends just bought one today too. Talked to him tonite and he said he loves it. Hope you kill a bunch of critters with it.

11. BowMadness00

BowMadness00 Active Member

Congrats! You bought a great bow. I shoot a DXT and my dad finally gave in and bought a Z7 this year...he loves it. I swore I was never a bandwagon guy but I shoot a Mathews and use Rage broadheads...:smack:

12. dirtdart

dirtdart Well-Known Member

:fit::thumb:

Nice bow....What's the deal with the sights? If you like them that far out in front of the riser.... you should get a target sight. Shoot a bow long enough and you will eliminate multiple points of failure. Just a suggestion.

13. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

AWESOME RIG!!!!
    the further out the pin or pins are the more precise you can be and it allows for better accuracy and if you torque your bow some while shhooting it doesnt affect it as bad .I LOVE MY SIGHTS WAY OUT THERE!!

14. dirtdart

Hey...It is a great looking bow. What I was getting at was going to a single mount bracket extending from the riser to the sight. Getting rid of the extension bracket and going to a single mounting bracket will reduce a point of failure.

15. IRONHIDE

I completely understand! My sword sight came with that bracket attached. Out of all the things on my bow I have complete confidence in my sight. Swords are awesome. But I do see exactly what ur sayin

16. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Interesting, never knew that.

Good looking rig btw:up:

17. dirtdart

Sight radius. The greater the distance between front sight and rear sight the greater the accuracy.

It's why I prefer tang or receiver sights on rifles I shoot without scopes.

18. Tink

Tink Platinum Member<br>2011-2012 Bowhunting Contest Te

Welcome to the Mathews Family. Great Looking Bow.

19. Congrats on the new bow! It's an awesome bow! I love my Mathews. The bf got a Z7 this year. It is super fast and quiet! Good luck out in the woods!

20. bowhunter3

bowhunter3 Well-Known Member

i wish i can afford one of those bad boys.. good luck hunting with it..