Got guidance?

Discussion in 'Prayer and Religion' started by clawmute, Jul 17, 2017 at 5:00 AM.

1. clawmute

clawmute Well-Known Member

1500283513669-311x471.jpg

Got guidance? Better get it you're going to need it. Think you guide your own path? Wrong. If you think you're master of your own future then you have much to learn. The world says God helps those that help themselves. The word says God help those that help themselves!

Once I agonized over a job change as I had opportunity to work in another city. I cried out in prayer to God all one weekend seeking direction. Prayer with my understanding and in the spirit. Monday I went to my job and as I sat at my desk I found myself opening my little new testament to Acts 20:22. I didn't hear God tell me but I went right to that scripture.

Acts 20:22 KJVS
    And now, behold, I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there:

Praise be to God Almighty, Father, Jesus the son and wonderful Holy Spirit! He had given me the guidance I so dearly needed. The Bible is the living word filled with God-life and He can use it to do anything you need. Do you seriously need direction in your life? Have a big decision to make? Don't know which is the path to take? Afraid you'll make the wrong decision? The Lord has a way just for you. It's your job to seek Him until He shows, tells, directs and points the way you are to go. Pray, fast, search the word. Make certain you are baptized in the Holy Spirit so that you are endowed with the anointing, wisdom and power that Jesus intended for you to have. He WILL direct you if you are sold out 100% to Him. No half-hearted prayers will suffice. Only when you search for Him with ALL your heart will you find Him.

Jer 29:12 — Jer 29:13 (NKJV)
    Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Praise God though for He awaits you. Now go find Him friends, He's not in hiding but reaching out to you even now. Amen

Psalm 37:23 KJVS
    The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord : and he delighteth in his way.

Jeremiah 10:23 KJVS
    O Lord , I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.

Isaiah 30:21 KJVS
    And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.

Isaiah 30:21 (NKJV)
    Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand or whenever you turn to the left.

Psalms 85:13 (NKJV)
    Righteousness will go before Him,
    And shall make His footsteps our pathway.

Proverbs 16:9 KJVS
    A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.

Psalms 119:133 (NKJV)
    Direct my steps by Your word,
    And let no iniquity have dominion over me.

Psalm 25:9 KJVS
    The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.

Psalm 31:3 KJVS
    For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

Psalm 32:8 KJVS
    I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.

Psalm 48:14 KJVS
    For this God is our God for ever and ever: he will be our guide even unto death.

Psalm 73:24 KJVS
    Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.

Psalm 78:52 KJVS
    But made his own people to go forth like sheep, and guided them in the wilderness like a flock.

Isaiah 58:11 (NKJV)
    The Lord will guide you continually,
    And satisfy your soul in drought,
    And strengthen your bones;
    You shall be like a watered garden,
    And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.

Luke 1:79 KJVS
    To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

John 16:13 KJVS
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 5:23 AM
  2. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

It sure helps to have "...ears to hear..."

RustyL and artey72 like this.

3. M1Tommy

M1Tommy Well-Known Member

I'd sure second Mr. Stiles, there.

Also, that, "... And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.", has spoken volumes to us, more than once. At times it has set us on paths not normally chosen by most, and at times it has kept us planted where we were at. Never, has the Lord directed us in a way that wasn't to His will, with timing that later we looked at, often in wonder.

Thanks, Tommy

4. clawmute

clawmute Well-Known Member

If there's no adversity you may be on the wrong trail. Praying through is a sometimes difficult thing. Jesus demands that we always press in and cry out with all our heart. Consider formerly blind Bartimaeus;

Mark 10:50-51 KJVS
    And he, casting away his garment, rose, and came to Jesus. [51] And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight.

Jesus already knew what Bart wanted but made him press in and seek Him all the more.

God likes to hear from us.

Remember the two disciples walking after Jesus was crucified?

Luke 24:18-19 KJVS
    And the one of them, whose name was Cleopas, answering said unto him, Art thou only a stranger in Jerusalem, and hast not known the things which are come to pass there in these days? [19] And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

Jesus knew what things but wanted to hear them speak of His miracle works. God lives and dwells in the praises of His people. Put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. When disaster or anything smaller hits we must turn to praise. The world curses but we pray and praise Him because we KNOW that He is our deliverer.

John Stiles and M1Tommy like this.
  5. RustyL

RustyL Well-Known Member

I think that's why God gave us two ears and one mouth. I struggle with this.

6. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

2 ears you can see on a man, and another one cannot fathom, because it cannot be seen on a man, but can hear and see, and know!