Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Moderator<br>Help Forum<br>
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is a rep for Fred Bear and he sold me one of his demo bows. It is a Showdown kit. Bow, stabilizer, sights, peep, rest, quiver, wrist strap, and loop for $300.

Now I just have to figure out which arrows to shoot. I'd like to shoot carbon but need to keep them on the cheap side.

It is set at 63-ish pounds at 29".

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,199 Posts
You will have 3 choices on the Goldtip 5575's at 3 price points. The only difference is the straightness tolerance. I have always shot the XT's, the middle choice, and have no complaints at all. I just can't see spending the money for the Pros, the straightest of the bunch, unless you shoot a the Pro level. I have heard a complaint or two about the bottom of the line, Expedition Hunters I believe they are called, but they will do.

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahaha

Absolutely none! The guy is an old training partner of mine. We trained at the same Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy for quite a while. Good guy, knows his bows. He worked at Triangle Sports in Batesville for years before taking a job as a rep.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,481 Posts
hahaha

Absolutely none! The guy is an old training partner of mine. We trained at the same Brazilian Jiu Jitsu academy for quite a while. Good guy, knows his bows. He worked at Triangle Sports in Batesville for years before taking a job as a rep.
You are leading a blessed life my friend:up: I studied Judo in my teens in Daly City Calif. Came in handy in Mil.training:razz:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I wanted to try the Blazer type vanes, so I bought 3 arrows from Walmart just to see what the deal was. They shoot very well. They are what I have been carrying hunting. They were $8 for camo and $7 for black shafts. I have not bought any arrows in about 3 years so I dont know how much Gold Tips cost now. Hope this helps.

·
Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner
4,212 Posts
I shoot Easton ST Epic with BLazer Vanes....Awesome arrows...never had one break...and i shoot spitfire 100 broadheads....Pass through on a doe at 30 yards sunday afternoon! Shooting around 60 pounds...maybe a little less

·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ended up getting some Easton ST Excel's. It was pretty much all the shop had in my price range and in the grain range of the bow. They seem to shoot very well. Had them tune the bow, make some adjustments, etc. Shooting 100gr. Slick Tricks. Got it sighted in out to 20 yards today. For a while that will be my max shot. I am very confident with that shot so anything past that I will let walk at this point. Working on some longer range shots but haven't gotten very comfortable with them yet.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.