Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to Winona this morning and there was about a 1000 other people out there. I knew it was going to be cuthroat trying to get a bird. Finally heard one gobbling and eased down to him. I could hear some faint calling back to my left, so i setup hoping the bird would come by me first. The guy worked him on on in and the bird was about 60 yards from me when he stopped gobbling. I waited another 40 minutes or so and could hear movement to my left during a break in the wind. Finally saw a glimpse of the bird and i let the ole 10 gauge fire 2 times. Dropped him right there in his tracks through all the brush.

Was i ever surprised when i got to him though. Pretty embarrassed by what it was, but i just knew it was a turkey when i shot because the feet looked just like a turkey and had the same colors has a turkey sorta. At least i still have two tags and can try it again tommrrow. You guys will probably get mad at me for trying to kill a jake, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l102/huntbigbucs/rooster041208.jpg

:smack: :smack:

remember...11 days after the first of april

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
174 Posts
Please let me know when your hunting in white county so I can go somewhere else. Ever heard of identifying your target. Lucky you didn't shoot someone. Not cool man

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats a nice bird,great lookin comb,and I bet he had a good set of hooks. You gettin it mounted?
Think i will get it mounted, since i spent most of the morning getting all the 10 gauge pellets out of it. I believe i will enter it in NWTF category of april fools :wink:

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I'm glad there are folks like you in the woods that make sure they know what they are shooting at!!!

What area do you hunt in?

·
Member<br>'09 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner<br
174 Posts
Please let me know when your hunting in white county so I can go somewhere else. Ever heard of identifying your target. Lucky you didn't shoot someone. Not cool man
Should have caught this as a joke. Sorry to get all serious on you just hear about too many idiots runnin around and for a minute thought you were one of em. My bad.:smack:

·
Super Moderator
9,814 Posts
Nice bird:thumb: Dont worry tho i was one of them 1000 people at Winona early and i also only heard 1 bird but he shut up after that one gobble at about 10 o clock

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,030 Posts
Think i will get it mounted, since i spent most of the morning getting all the 10 gauge pellets out of it. I believe i will enter it in NWTF category of april fools :wink:
I don't think I'd be in any hurry......there are no "roosters" in NWTF....there's only "Toms" "Hens" and "Jakes"....Tyson's might have a record book though:smack: :razz:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts