Got a Coyote today

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Paul Jones, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Paul Jones

Paul Jones Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner

I got to do a little hunting this afternoon, and I took this coyote on my second set up. It was getting close to dark and I set out my caller and decoy and started calling. I was set up on a hardwood ridge that ran along a large cutover. About 10 minutes into the calling this yote came in at a fast trot, and I put him down at about 50 yards. He was making a run at the decoy but I took him about 15 yards before he got to it. I still don't remember what kind of decoy it is, but it works. :thumb: I love this beginners luck. :thumb: Here's a pic of the yote.

[​IMG]

2. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Well-Known Member

Great Yote Bro.congrats

3. Bowman

Bowman Well-Known Member

NEA
    Paul, what kind of call are you using? I have been trying to get a yote and havent had in any luck calling one in this year.

4. Paul Jones

I'm using a Foxpro caller, and I'm using a combination of three different rabbit in distress sounds. I've been starting out with a loud series of calling and then turning the call down and using a baby cottontail in distress call. I'm a beginner, but its been working. In 4 trips I've called in 2 bobcats, and this yote. I've also had 3 owls and a chicken hawk come sit right above me. Good luck to you.

5. retnuhreed

retnuhreed Well-Known Member

Congrats, nice yote!

6. antler3

antler3 Well-Known Member

Congrats nice yote !!! Your addicted ain't no turning back !!!! :thumb:

7. Lgreen

Lgreen Well-Known Member

Way to go Paul keep it up!

8. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Looks like you are breaking the new AR in right!! :thumb:

9. snydedawg

snydedawg Well-Known Member

Good looking gun and dog!!

I got a long weekend planned for next month with me and "Big Boy" goin' down to see my Dad and hunt dogs, cats, and crows all weekend. I can't wait!!

10. Paul Jones

Thanks guys. Glad to see you on here Chris. I hope yall make it down to eat squirell tommorrow night.