Good News

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Down on the White, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Down on the White

Down on the White Well-Known Member

This year I am getting back over 2k, how is everone else faring in the income tax realm.:woohoo:

2. wildhog62

wildhog62 Well-Known Member

We got back almost 5k. Saving it for vacation time in the summer

3. elwaller

elwaller Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015

Haven't done mine yet. Just hope I get enough to settle up with AR

4. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Did mine, got the usual back. Nothing to rejoice about cause it is my money. What really sucks though is when I do mine first and get X amount back, then do my wifes that adds 10k to our AGI, I get back 2k less than with just me paying.:mad: We both claim 0 deductions. I hate the graduated tax system. Is F'n wrong.:mad: :mad:

5. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Put half of it in the savings, and send me the other half...I'll pay you back with interest!:fit: :fit: :fit:

6. Down on the White

This is the last year I can claim the children from now on kiss my hind end goodbye the I will be like you. So much for being a honest citizen. :thumb:

7. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

That was claiming 0 and actually having 2 dependants.:smack: :mad:
    We all hate paying, but I just dont get where the graduated rates are in the least bit right in anyones mind.

8. ARGROUNDSWATTER

ARGROUNDSWATTER Well-Known Member

Rjet, just do like some guys that I have known do. They claimed about 8 or 10 dependents and then didn't fill a return. They pay hardly a thing but don't own a thing so there is nothing for the irs to take.

9. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Those are truely the smart folks. :thumb:
    I know of a few myself. We are all going to die, so why bother. Work a few days and when the weather is right go fishing or hunting and quit the job. I have thought about that a lot, but with a wife it is hard to live that life.:smack:

10. Down on the White

Yea what about us nut jobs trying to do right? I can not do that so I guess I will pay for them sort of folks.:confused: :smack: Should have been born well not white! :thumb:

11. ARGROUNDSWATTER

ARGROUNDSWATTER Well-Known Member

The guys that I am talking about are white. Lowlifes come in all colors.

12. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

I understand, I got a problem of having to do right also.
    And I care about my kids and dont want to have to go visit them behind bars like this one dude in particular I was referencing.:smack:
    this dude was white also, though I still consider him a ******.

13. Bruin

Bruin Well-Known Member

14. ArkArcher

ArkArcher Moderator Staff Member

The wife and I are getting back right about 4k. Gotta love Turbo Tax!!!!! If ya'll don't use it, i'm sure you are missing some money you could get back. Oh, and it only took my state refund less than 6 days to get deposited! Gotta love that! I think we are going to Disney world this summer. :thumb:

15. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

Same here, I think I am more excited about that then the kiddos are.:smack:

16. Down on the White

Wish I could have enjoyed that during the dimicrpt years. :smack: Now the kids are grown. :frown:

17. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I got about 5k.Bought a new Weatherby Markv.

18. rjet

rjet Well-Known Member

We have been planning it for years, trying to time it so they will be young enough to enjoy it and old enough to remember it.

19. i guess i need to get married, buy some houses and have some hoodlums cause all i got back was $870 :frown:

20. Down on the White

Shoot fire with them beging young, what about us?:smack: