Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We caught about 20 total with several being just under the 15" slot. Here is what we kept. The biggest was 5.3lbs and the other is 4.5.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am also a bass eater. Great fishing trip. Care to share any details, baits, structure, etc. :thumb:

We caught them all on a small shad color crankbait (I think it was a # 5 shad rap, but don't quote me), and june bug worms. We were fishing the canals at Island Harbor. There is a mix of docks, rocks, and trees. We caught fish off of all of them. We started fishing about 10 and left around 3:15 and it ws pretty steady the whole time.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'm concerned about what all the rain they're calling for over the next couple days will do to the river. I'm stating to have flashbacks to last year.

·
Super Moderator
9,575 Posts
I am NOT a fan of the catch and release club. :biggrin:

I am. I catch the fish and release them into a pot of grease. And then I catch em and release em into my mouth! :thumb:

Most people don't realize that there's still thousands of them jokers left in the river. Plenty to go around.

Why is it meat hunters get nailed when it comes to "bass fishing" and antler hunters get nailed when it comes to deer hunting?

Hypocrites it sounds to me like. :wink:

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
I'm concerned about what all the rain they're calling for over the next couple days will do to the river. I'm stating to have flashbacks to last year.
It's gonna be about the same I'm afraid. It stayed up over 100,000cfs well into July last year. Right now the river's running a little over 80,000cfs. All the rain in Oklahoma and Kansas will continue to come down and add to our rain and then when the snow melt happens in Colorado in late April and early May it takes about 30 days for that to get thru Arkansas, and Colorado had record snow amounts this year.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks like yall had fun! Been a long time since i had a day like that. Personally, i do not like to eat a bass over 2 pounds. Anything over that gets really "coarse meated" to me. I sure like to snatch on those suckers lips tho.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts