Gold shows suck

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by clawmute, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Reality my hind teat. Jungle Gold is a scripted piece of crap. Just days of our lives in another shape. Latest episode finished it for me. Jungle Schmucks is a better title.

Gold rush is just as bad. Reality is one gutsy soul heading out broke. Not a herd of turkeys with hundreds of thousands of dollars in backing. Would you give hard earned money to a dude with a paintbrush beard?

If it says reality, they're poster children for fake.

Unless I do it it ain't real. I'm voting for wizard of oz as the real deal.

2. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

Sounds like Moonshiners. Thats as fake as they come.

3. dudeman

dudeman Well-Known Member

I like gold rush but jungle gold looks a little staged. There finally finding gold on gold rush but the past seasons they were a joke

4. storyhunter

storyhunter Well-Known Member

If they would quit repeating themselves (the investors are coming and want to see 100 oz of gold or they'll shut them down) they could do the whole season in about 15 minutes.

5. The narrative of the commentator is past annoying. "If their dog stops to scratch......if the dozer goes over the cliff.....if the motor burns up, bearings wear out, freeze comes early, pumps break down........if the cheerios kid can't save the maiden.............

Each what if repeated twenty times each segment, before and after commercials.

6. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Bismarck
    I can't stand none of that crap,double that for Duck whatever and Honey whatever!:yuck:

7. I wonder if city people are really stupid enuff to believe that crap, "ax men" is prolly the worst....

8. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

Pocahontas
    I may get slammed but Duck Dynasty, Finding Bigfoot and most of them shows are indeed scripted. I sometimes watch a little of all of them but you have to realize what your watching. Entertainment I guess.

9. poorboy

poorboy Well-Known Member

Ya they all seem to be.But the Alaska frontier show seems to be goood.
    They seem to not cuss every one out and fight all the time .
    It comes on tues night on discovery

10. Yeah, I like those folks OK. I homesteaded but never had a herd of family ready to start working on my projects! If I had had ten helpers on every job..............what an unreal luxury!

When the work started all I could hear was the crickets. LOL.

11. storyhunter

storyhunter Well-Known Member

Next you'll be wanting us to believe that pro rasslin' is fake!:fit:

12. bumpus

bumpus Well-Known Member

Pocahontas
    Lol! I almost mentioned Rasslin' storyhunter

13. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

jonesboro
    You should watch gold fever on the outdoor channel. It's about as real as it gets.

14. lilturkeyhunter

lilturkeyhunter Well-Known Member

Iuka
    I liked Gold Rush up and until the last two episodes. I think the narrator is ruining it for them.

I think the fact that anyone would back the Hoffman crew was due entirely just to be on television.

That being said, I could watch Dave Turin run an excavator most any day. Just saying....

Gold Rush is preset on my DVR.

Amy

15. I see that there is a new show coming out its called " amish mafia" sweet lord what will b next.

Has anybody ever watched "outfitter bootcamp"?

16. The main real thing on all the gold shows, including the new Bamazon on history channel, is the number of men joining up that have no job, work or income. Our economy, or lack thereof, is truly reflected in that repeating theme.

17. DayWalker

DayWalker Well-Known Member

If you havent seen the show "jail" you're missing out.