Gold closes at record $857.00 per ounce! Do you own any?

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by .270Win, Jan 2, 2008.

1. .270Win

.270Win Super Moderator<br>Forum Sponsor<br>'07 Deer Hunti

Just wondering how many of you have gold (or silver) put back for hard times? I've got a little silver...and less than an ounce of gold. That's shameful since I'm in the coin collecting industry and could have been buying at reasonable prices for the past several years. :smack:

How about you....have you been investing in gold (or silver)? :confused:

.270Win

2. I have 100 morgan dollars. are they worth much?

3. Hey do you grade them?

4. ace777

ace777 Well-Known Member

yes:biggrin: :biggrin:

5. fullcredit

fullcredit Super Moderator

Each year for Christmas I give each of the grand kids a silver eagle dollar coin. I've gotten them for 10-12 dollars a few years ago, but this year they were $27.00 each. By the time they're grown, they should have several ounces of silver.

6. :thumb: Thanks 270win

7. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Only in my teefs....I was collecting those new dollar coins till my o'lady informed me they ain't gold:smack: I got up to twenty...what are they worth:confused:

8. .270Win

:thumb:

.270Win

9. .270Win

They are worth a dollar......unless you adjust for inflation.....then it's only around 68 cents. :rolleyes: Tell ya what...I'll give you 80 cents each for them so you'll make 12 cent per coin! :wink:

.270Win

10. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I asked my wife for $20.00 a few weeks ago, she told me if I'd give her my roll of Sacajawea dollars she'd give me 25.00....I suckered in:smack:

11. joedirt

joedirt Well-Known Member

Where can you cash it in at?