going tomorrow? Eclipse movement?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by carbonelement, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Well, I should be done with my chicken house work around 10am That will get me in the shower and back in the woods at about 10:30. I am planning on sitting there untill the its to dark to shoot. I am getting frustrated with the way my season has gone so far. I have yet to spill any blood.:banghead: Maybe I can catch one of them right before dark. Or maybe just maybe what the old time told me today is true. He told me that this lunar eclipse will have the deer going crazy tomorrow and they will not be doing there regular pattern, time wise.:head: Does anyone know if there is any truth to that? Also, who else is planning on trying tomorrow?

2. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

I have not heard the tale about the moon but I belive it. I wish I didnt have to work tomorrow cause I would love to hit up some Lunar eclips hunting action

3. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

May go in the morning for a little while. Basketball practice at 11am.. need to get back get boys out of bed.:smack: Then may go that afternoon. That's the plan anyway.

4. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

I'm thinking about going tomorrow. North wind, small cold front coming in, full moon and maybe some lunar eclipse super movement.:head: They should be moving. If I go I'm gonna sleep in and go about 9 and sit midday. Good luck!

5. Well, maybe one of us will get one tomorrow. I've never heard of the eclipse super movement thing either but hey the old man swore by it. :head: I am willing to try anything at this point

6. woodsnwater

Well, good luck to y'all... Post some pics... I don't care if it is a DINK. LOL

7. SR4

Thats good cause if a dink comes by a dink is gonna get shot!:thumb:

8. amen to that brother. If its brown its down.

9. possum

possum Moderator<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting Contest Winner<b

I'm going tomorrow....to work that is. :down:

10. To bad you can't join us in the woods. Hopefully tomorrow I can show you pics of what could have been :poke: but with the way my season has been going you have nothing to worry about.

11. possum

The way my season has went is one of the reasons I ain't overly upset about going to work tomorrow....I'll see as many deer there as I've seen in the woods. :banghead:

12. sounds like our seasons are very simular. :banghead: I'm hoping this total lunar eclipse will help me out and change my luck. :biggrin:

13. possum

Think I'm going to start chasing tree rats and yotes. To :censored: with the deer, unless I get my new bow this week and get it setup and shot some. :biggrin:

14. shane32

shane32 Well-Known Member

heading to wedington in the morning

15. woodsnwater

Pretty cloudy here this morning. I don't have but a few minutes walk. Wanna go to Wattensaw. This week is out of question. I should next week though.

16. SR4

I've decided not to go this morning. Just can't get motivated and I really need to get my Christmas shopping done. I might go this evening if I can find some want to. Good luck guys!

17. LedZhead20

LedZhead20 Well-Known Member

I thought Weddington closed 11/30?

18. woodsnwater

Back at house.. Saw 2 fox squirrels chasing. I got down did a little stalking on the way home. Then got on 4 wheeler and checked on my new game cam.:clap: Got there and so corn was gone and batteries was dead as a hammer and got home. No pics.:mad: It's going back. Not gonna have this. DO NOT BUY A STEALTH CAM/ THE UNIT IR 8.0MP..... I have already looked at reviews and they were terrible. Looking at Moultrie. Well sit back drink my coffee and eat my pumpkin bread and wake boys up.

19. Buck-Ridge

Buck-Ridge Well-Known Member

I remember several years ago there was some kind of solar eclipse happening and I hunted all day and didn't see anything that day. Not even a bird.

20. SR4

Closes end of December now. They changed it this year.