Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started back before turkey season. A guy left his 4 wheeler at camp, he doesnt live far from there and his family are there a good bit. Well someone took it upon theirselves to take his tires and rims off his wheeler. These were nice tires and chrome rims. They also went around to some of the campers cutting and taking power cords the same night, we think. Well a couple weeks ago someone kicked in doors on several of the small cabins we have there. Didnt take alot, but did take some stuff. We have a guy in our lease that works at Henderson State Univ, I think thats right, that knows alot about electronics and the security camera's at the college. So he is checking in to see if we can get something that might work for us. How sad! There is some sorry folks these days. Our lease aint nothing to look at. Just a very very old small shack with a bunch of old campers and small cabins/sheds. Another increase in camp dues! :mad:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Do you have power?

Do you have the ability to get to the internet from there through sat, cable, or dsl?

Then you can get more info on the cheap. You can set up a webcam or camera that uploads video or images to the internet by motion or by a set amount of time. There's always the game cam option and it's lower tech.

Do a little research here:
http://lifehacker.com/393274/do-more-with-your-webcam-with-free-tools

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
What is it about deer camps that appeal to certain people??

Ours has been hit before and usually they don't get anything of real value...just irritate us.

Once thought they hit and one member had about $1100 worth of stuff in his camper and they got it. Even his boots!!!!!!!

I wish I could stand rattle snakes........put a few in there for them so they can get a real bite when they hit!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Soark, the way the world is today, you'd get sued for leaving the snakes behind and the poor victim got bit!

It's just like the old saying about someone breaking in your house that you better shoot them inside or drag them back in. If someone breaks in my house and threatens the security of my family, I'll chase him down or whatever it takes. He's not going to break in then run out the door turn around and tell me "nanny nanny boo boo" because he's past the imaginary line.

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
Soark, the way the world is today, you'd get sued for leaving the snakes behind and the poor victim got bit!

It's just like the old saying about someone breaking in your house that you better shoot them inside or drag them back in. If someone breaks in my house and threatens the security of my family, I'll chase him down or whatever it takes. He's not going to break in then run out the door turn around and tell me "nanny nanny boo boo" because he's past the imaginary line.
AHHH juice they changed the laws on home invaders.
Now you can protect anywhere on your property with deadly force.:up:

My defense would be that them snakes must have got in through an open door just like those theives.......:wink:

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
Sorry to hear that...........but I hate a :censored::censored:thief worse than anything!!!!!!!:mad:

We have a Paid Caretaker.but apperantly he isn't doing the job...........1 member had a 5 gallon gas can, full of gas disapper within the last 2 weeks.........that's enough to rile ya, as high as gas is!!!!!

down on the white.........don't get me wrong, not accusing bubba, cause I know he ain't there all the time!! It's just irrigating!!!!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Jason7655, thats sort of what we are looking at, I think! We have a circle drive. The camp house is in the middle. Campers and cabins on the outside. Thought we might put a camara on both sides of the camp and get a pic of their ride. I'm afraid if we dont stop it, it will get worse next time. Sorry POS!

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
We don't have any electricity at our camp but we had a 12 volt drop light set up with a 40' cord running from a battery out to our picnic table.
Someone broke in last year and cut the cord off at the battery and at the light, taking only the cord.
We've also had a big water barrel with a tap and an igloo water cooler stolen in the past.
My dad got his cooler back after a few years though. He was gassing up his truck one day and glanced at the guy's truck beside him and there was a cooler with my dad's name still on it. Dad asked the fella where he got the cooler and was told that he'd bought it from someone. My dad told the guy that he'd better get his money back because the cooler belonged to him and he was taking it back. The guy balked a little but eventually handed the cooler over since there also happened to be a police officer gassing up nearby.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
AHHH juice they changed the laws on home invaders.
Now you can protect anywhere on your property with deadly force.:up:

My defense would be that them snakes must have got in through an open door just like those theives.......:wink:
Unfortunately, I don't think that's entirely true.

Code 5-2-607 says you don't have to retreat if you're in the "curtilage surrounding the person's dwelling." Curtilage is defined as... "the land adjoining a dwelling that is convenient for family purposes and habitually used for family purposes, but not necessarily enclosed, and includes an outbuilding that is directly and intimately connected with the dwelling and in close proximity to the dwelling."

The wording is somewhat vague, but I'm pretty sure you'd lose in court if you picked a thief off the back 40 with a deer rifle.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I wish I could stand rattle snakes........put a few in there for them so they can get a real bite when they hit!!!!!!!!:biggrin:

HG was over here one weekend, had the BIG ice chest in the back of the Z, loaded down with beer, water, Dr Peppers, etc.....they stole the whole thing.

He said he wished he could kill a rattler, bring it home and put it in the ice chest under a lot of ice........the snake couldn't hurt ya, but I'd be willing to bet those sorry :censored: thieves would sure hurt themselves when they got that ice chest home and opened it up....!!!

But even dead, I nixed that idea.....don't want even a dead snake in the same zip code as me, much less riding in the back of the Z in an ice chest that my beer goes in :wink:

·
Registered
840 Posts
at my camp we have our campers lined up on one side all in a row with roofs built over most of them so they stay year around. At the start of last season one of my friends noticed that his door was pryed (sp) open and it was obvious that someone had been living in his camper for sometime. They even had the bbq grill moved to the door so they wouldnt have to walk far to check their grillin. Didnt take anything, just left a mess when they left

·
Registered
11,766 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think that's entirely true.

Code 5-2-607 says you don't have to retreat if you're in the "curtilage surrounding the person's dwelling." Curtilage is defined as... "the land adjoining a dwelling that is convenient for family purposes and habitually used for family purposes, but not necessarily enclosed, and includes an outbuilding that is directly and intimately connected with the dwelling and in close proximity to the dwelling."

The wording is somewhat vague, but I'm pretty sure you'd lose in court if you picked a thief off the back 40 with a deer rifle.
Thanks dunnhead but I didnt advocate sniping in the back 40.

Juice said this........

[Soark, the way the world is today, you'd get sued for leaving the snakes behind and the poor victim got bit!

It's just like the old saying about someone breaking in your house that you better shoot them inside or drag them back in. If someone breaks in my house and threatens the security of my family, I'll chase him down or whatever it takes. He's not going to break in then run out the door turn around and tell me "nanny nanny boo boo" because he's past the imaginary line. /QUOTE]

And I without going into great detail just hit on the ammended law for use of deadly force for citizens.

But I commend you on knowing the definition and statute .........many wouldnt.:wink:

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
This started back before turkey season. A guy left his 4 wheeler at camp, he doesnt live far from there and his family are there a good bit. Well someone took it upon theirselves to take his tires and rims off his wheeler. These were nice tires and chrome rims. They also went around to some of the campers cutting and taking power cords the same night, we think. Well a couple weeks ago someone kicked in doors on several of the small cabins we have there. Didnt take alot, but did take some stuff. We have a guy in our lease that works at Henderson State Univ, I think thats right, that knows alot about electronics and the security camera's at the college. So he is checking in to see if we can get something that might work for us. How sad! There is some sorry folks these days. Our lease aint nothing to look at. Just a very very old small shack with a bunch of old campers and small cabins/sheds. Another increase in camp dues! :mad:
I hate to hear about your loss and I am almost willing to bet your camp will not be the last these pukes will hit.:down:

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Sorry to hear that...........but I hate a :censored::censored:thief worse than anything!!!!!!!:mad:

We have a Paid Caretaker.but apperantly he isn't doing the job...........1 member had a 5 gallon gas can, full of gas disapper within the last 2 weeks.........that's enough to rile ya, as high as gas is!!!!!

down on the white.........don't get me wrong, not accusing bubba, cause I know he ain't there all the time!! It's just irrigating!!!!
Ditto, I hate cotton pickin dirty rotten no good for nothin thieves. Next time put that gas can out 1/2 full of water the repair bill will set them back some$:thumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.